FAA Approves Flying Car for Test Flights

HardOCP News

[H] News
I got all excited when I read that headline, that is until I realized that the FAA approved a one-tenth scale version of the flying car. :(

“The FAA exemption will allow Terrafugia to test the hovering capabilities of a one-tenth scale TF-X vehicle and gather flight characteristics data that will drive future design choices,” according to Terrafugia, whose name is derived from the Latin phrase “Escape the Earth.” “Because of the unconventional configuration of the TF-X, it is vital to achieve sustained stabilized hovering with smaller models before developing a full-size TF-X prototype.”

65407-great-scott-gif-j4Lp.gif

And you thought the idiots on the roads now are bad enough, just wait until until humans are flying themselves in their own craft! :eek:

Why exactly would they need FAA approval for an experimental again? I smell PR nonsense.

Why exactly would they need FAA approval for an experimental again? I smell PR nonsense.

It falls under the FAA because they handle the airspace and a scale model would fall under the new drone/UAS 333 requirements. The FAA is no longer just manned aircraft.

Cool - as driver-less cars come to the roads we can take to the skies.

Back