F1 2015 system requirements announced

cageymaru

Fully [H]
F1 2015 system requirements announced. Check out the recommended specs!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/286570/

System Requirements

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad @ 3.0GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.2GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel 4th Gen Iris Graphics or AMD HD5770 or NVIDIA GTS450
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible soundcard
Additional Notes: Supported Graphics Cards: DirectX 11 Graphics Card Required Intel: 4th Gen Iris or Higher, Intel Iris Pro Series AMD: HD5770 or Higher, HD6770 or Higher, HD7750 or Higher, R7 250 or Higher, R9 Series Nvidia: GTS450 or Higher, GT545 or Higher, GT640 or Higher, GT740 or Higher, GTX900 Series

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i7 4770 or AMD FX 9370
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel 5th Gen Iris Pro or AMD R9 290 or Nvidia GTX970
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
Sound Card: Direct X compatible soundcard

Too bad neither AMD or Intel has a viable upgrade path from the listed processors for gaming at least.

Holy crap a 4770? What did they do, make a new physics engine?

All new engine it says. I'm wondering what's it got in store for gamers. Maybe this will be a reason for people to upgrade or Intel / AMD to release some much more powerful hardware.

In all likelihood, it's a shit console port and the only way to get 60 frames is to brute force it with ridiculous hardware.

[L]imey;1041716834 said:
In all likelihood, it's a shit console port and the only way to get 60 frames is to brute force it with ridiculous hardware.

Doesn't look like it in the videos. The rain effects remind me of Project Cars.

Game publisher releases recommended specs that lists the latest mid-range performance hardware.

Internet blows up with accusations of a poor console port without looking at minimum specs.

What a world we live in...

Holy crap a 4770? What did they do, make a new physics engine?
Yes, Codemasters said that this is a new engine or branch of the previous engine that has been built for the latest generation of PC hardware and game consoles. F1 2014 was the last game to use the engine they had been using since F1 2010.

yeah F1 2014 really feels like a shameless console port but I enjoy it nonetheless. F1 2015 is looking pretty good. Looking forward to it.

I hate to be "that guy", but not only does this not visually feel like much of an upgrade whatsoever, but why on earth would people shell out for this iteration? F1 hasn't changed, and if anything the sport is in one of the worst ruts in ages.

Bring back the V-10's, screaming at 18-19k RPM. Those were the days!

Having said that, I enjoyed F1 2013, so I might get this game when it is released.

.... lol.

I seriously doubt it. Bigger question is why would you have a system bad ass enough for this game and be running xp? Nothing like an auto 4gb memory cap.

that was a joke considering the low reqs still :D

Bring back the V-10's, screaming at 18-19k RPM. Those were the days!

never going to happen, not with the insane emissions requirements in europe. the days of the v-10 and unrestricted fuels are long gone. but to be honest i absolutely hated to the sound of the v-10 and v-8's in person.. on tv they sounded great though.

never going to happen, not with the insane emissions requirements in europe. the days of the v-10 and unrestricted fuels are long gone. but to be honest i absolutely hated to the sound of the v-10 and v-8's in person.. on tv they sounded great though.
I never had the pleasure of hearing them in person, but the V10s did get tiring to listen to over the course of an entire Grand Prix. I always thought the 2.4L V8s sounded pretty good, though.

Yep, Renault threatened to leave the sport if engine development didn't have more real world applications, and Mercedes largely backed them. So, small displacement, turbo charged hybrids are the result.

It's not all that not bad in my opinion (if Renault and Honda could provide a decent power plant anyway), with the electric motors they already have far more power than they can use at low speeds, so the bigger engines would only be a big difference in straight line speed. And they're looking at raising the fuel allotment and flow limits again so they'll be able to run at full RPM & boost.

Unfortunately for the game it seems this brand new engine is about as reliable as a MacLaren this year. Hopefully they sort it out so I can pick it up at a Steam holiday sale.

Now we just need one decent enough F1 Manager game that is actually not more than 10 years old.

Not to continue to derail this thread but (here I go anyway!) I'm surprised at this talk of the high revving motors being unpleasant to listen to in person! I have only been to one GP, the 2008 Canadian GP where Kubica won, and I *ADORED* the sound of those engines. Made your friggin organs rattle. Love it.

The restrictions on fuel flow right now are frustrating, but the problems for the sport are much larger than that. They need much more fuel flow (more power), more mechanical grip (wider tires, bigger wheels), and a massive reduction in sensitive top-side aero. That way cars can follow each other and we can do away with DRS.

The management of F1 is bewildering at best. Everyone out for their self interest, no independent body with any teeth. They just keep harming the sport.

Anyway, on topic: this looks like yet another rehash of the franchise. I bought the first two, haven't gotten one since. It hasn't evolved.

A little tangent: F1 2013 is on sale right now during Green Man Gaming's Summer Sale (Day 3). I really liked the extras in the Classic edition.

Are you going to make a thread about every broken game on steam that has shit reviews?

Positive (260) Negative (508)

Are you going to make a thread about every broken game on steam that has shit reviews?

Positive (260) Negative (508)

I made the thread long before the game was launched to talk about the system requirements at the time because the recommended were really high. If you can read a crystal ball and tell if a game has bugs before it is released, then please do so.

You know you're right. I spend too much time on the forums. Adios!

Back