F-I90HD & 8800GTS owners

Rhialto

Gawd
I don't know if they are all the same but can anyone let me know if there were able to use the SATA1 with their card and what brand it is?

According to this picture it is close to fit, I don't know if he gave it a try 1st or not.
dscn2746si4.jpg

Now, since SATA port are numbered 1-3-2-4 (from right to left on this picture) and he did not use SATA1 then on which disk do you think the system will boot?

Why it is 1-3-2-4 instead of 1-2-3-4, anyone can explain? Is it better to use 1 then 3 instead of 1 then 2 just like it was better to use IDE1 master and IDE2 master instead of IDE1 master & slave?

I wonder WHEN will ATi ship their DX10 solution. Maybe the card will be shorter... That's one of the reason I was waiting and also for the price that may drop when both will be available.

tell you the truth... not really sure. The numbering is odd...

I am building a sugo/abit/Evga 8800GTS tonight.. I will post the results...

I will be using 2 sata devices, a HDD and DVD burner so we will see about the boot up...

Well some one posted in the main Abit F-I90HD thread a link to low-profile SATA cables. I ordered them and they work great! They are very low right angle cables compared to the regular type.

Here's the link - http://cablegear.com/

I dont think the new DX10 vid cards will be any shorter to be honest. nVidia hasnt shown any sign of making cards smaller. Same goes for ATI. Maybe someday but thats not looking like today or this year unfortunately. So you'll either have to use the low profile connectors or the Thermalright cooler to get around the SATA problem.

Well I started my build but it was cut short.... I bent the socket pins while opening the socket clanp (large clumsy fingers). Sucks to be me as I will have to buy a new MB, don't thing warranty covers my mistakes...

With my Evga overclocked 8800gtx 640 the capacitors only block the first sata port. Standard Sata cables work on all others.

I do not have the low profile cables so I can't test, but it looks like it would work.

As for the numbering of the port... I think you are reading it wrong:

SATA1 SATA3
SATA2 SATA4

That is how it is on my board. If you read down in columns they are in order... though if you read left to right they are not...

Guess the only way to tell is to check in the bios if it lists devices based on which port they are in...

Back