F@H SMP service start/stop shortcut?

mhenley

[H]ard|Gawd
The new 3.60 F@H client is working awesome, and I am absolutely pleased with the performance increase over the standard client.. but I have one application that stutters a bit while the service is running. I can't change the priority for the process, which is a background video overlay program, so my only recourse so far has been to terminate the service prior to using the program. Is there a shortcut that I can create that allows me to stop/start the service without having to go through the long process of pulling up the list of services and finding it?

If you've installed the service with defaults such as machine ID of 1, the following command line will do it:

net stop "Folding@home-CPU-[1]"

The quotes are optional, you can try it with both. Alternatively, to start it, it's

net start "Folding@home-CPU-[1]"

You should be able to set up a shortcut. Create a new Shortcut and in the "type location of this item" you can type this in:

cmd /k net start Folding@home-CPU-[1] and call it something like CPU folding Start

and to stop

cmd /k net stop Folding@home-CPU-[1] and call it something like CPU folding Stop

Hope that helps. I just did it in Windows 2003 and it works no probs.

PERFECT!!!

Thank you so much.

For others interested, confirmed working in Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Back