F.E.A.R. 2 - Project Origin PC Specs Released

F.E.A.R.

[H]ard|Gawd
Here are the PC specs for F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin.

Min spec
- CPU: P4 2.8GHz (3.2GHz Vista)/Athlon 64 3000+ (3200+ Vista)
- GPU: Fully DX9-compliant graphics card with 256MB (SM 2.0b). NVidia 6800 or ATI X700.
- Memory: 1GB (1.5GB Vista)
- HDD: 12GB
- DirectX: 9.0c
- Sound: DX9.0c compliant
- Optical drive: DVD (boxed only)
- Internet: Broadband

Recommended Spec
- CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz processor family/Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (required for MP host)
- GPU: Fully DX9-compliant graphics card with 512MB (SM 3.0). NVidia 8600 GTS or ATI HD 2900 XT.
- Memory: 1.5GB
- HDD: 12GB
- DirectX: 9.0c
- Sound: DX9.0c compliant
- Optical drive: DVD (boxed only)
- Internet: Broadband (768kbit/sec upstream required to host 16 players)

Look at the upstream speed to host 16 people!!!! Seems that netcode got improved. Thank goodness.....it needed to be improved.

This is one of my "must plays" of 2009. I hope it's worth the wait.

Those are some very nice requirements...I'm surprised to be honest.

I am ready to Sh*t some bricks with this game.

I get scared/creeped way to easily. haha.

Saw some screenshots on gamespot.com. wasn't too impressive IMO, just slightly better than the previous FEAR. I hope those I saw was console ones though.

But seriously, being a cross platform game, I wouldn't expect it to require top notch hardware either.

Looks alright, now all we need is mack and mesh to come back on the scene with their awesome videos :D

Really looking forward to this game. When is the release date? (I'd look if it wasn't at work)

The recommended requirements look pretty low especially after GTA IV!

My system should run this just fine. No need for that new graphics card yet.

1.3Mbps upstream here, no problems.

Aww, they should have made the recommended specs higher. :(

That's a pretty poor idea, given economic conditions.

PC game developers should be widening the net on the amount of computers that are capable of playing video games, not making it smaller. While I agree that the visual quality of games should improve, I'm sure not as hell going to upgrade my computer in 2009 to play 1 or 2 games.

Recommended specs should be taken as the minimum these days. The minimum specs will run the game but only just. I think the recommended spec sound be the standard from now on

Try playing Crysis or GTA IV at minimum - waste of time.

strange way of recommending 1,5gigs of ram, why not just 2 for xp and 4 if u got vista..

My machine is somewhere between the min. and recommended, it seems. I haven't upgraded
in awhile. But wow....12GB?! I hope that it's not just a bloated game and that those 12GB's mean
it's gonna have a decent amount of play time considering the original take up just over 7GB and
was pretty decent length.

Release date is 2/10/2009. A demo should be coming mid January. In fact, we are expecting today a new Q&A video which supposedly will address a few MP questions. I'll post info here as soon as it appears on the main site.

Too much of a game for my pc :(

I actually have a dell custom rig with a 3.0ghz p4 w/ht and agp 6800xt. Lets see if its true :cool:

I find little to no difference between DX9 and 10.

:shrug:

I have a P4 3.2 and a 6800GT, with 1GB of Ram.

I bet it could barely run it though.

could that be because you don't have a dx10 video card?

If i recall correctly, 8000 series is capable of dx10. Your probably thinking of pcie 2.0, which some later 8000 series do indeed have as well.

Might wanna edit your post :cool:

My machine is somewhere between the min. and recommended, it seems. I haven't upgraded
in awhile. But wow....12GB?! I hope that it's not just a bloated game and that those 12GB's mean
it's gonna have a decent amount of play time considering the original take up just over 7GB and
was pretty decent length.

Your running dual 80gigs? Damn dude, time to upgrade your drives already. Actually, time for an entire system upgrade me thinks.

Your running dual 80gigs? Damn dude, time to upgrade your drives already. Actually, time for an entire system upgrade me thinks.

lol Believe me, I know! I'm not working though, so that doesn't help.

I'll have money in March, though, and will probably do some minor upgrades or I might
wait until I have more money in May and do a total overhaul.

Do what i did and spend 260 on a e5200, Ud3r, 4gb of ram. Its very ironic i was in the same shoes your in, meaning i had a 3800x2 939, 2gb, 9800gtx. :p

If i recall correctly, 8000 series is capable of dx10. Your probably thinking of pcie 2.0, which some later 8000 series do indeed have as well.

he said he had a 6800gt which is from the geforce 6 series of cards, though I did not look in his sig which states he has an 8000 series

Crap, I need to play the other expansions fast so i know whats going on

Actually, no you don't. The expansions are not considered part of "canon" and "never happened."

This game is the true direct sequel.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/941/941206p1.html

F.E.A.R. Expansions "Killed Off a Few" Fans
TimeGate "took the story in a direction that we didn't intend," says Monolith developer.
by Jimmy Thang

December 30, 2008 - With developer Monolith once again taking the helm over the F.E.A.R. franchise, Dave Matthews, Monolith's primary art lead on the upcoming F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin game, has stated that subsequent ports and expansions to the original F.E.A.R. by other developers have most likely "killed off a few" fans.

"[TimeGate Studios] took the story in a direction that we didn't intend,"the Monolith developer told CVG. "We look at Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate as an alternate universe, a 'what could have been', and because of that it doesn't necessarily diminish the story that we were trying to tell. F.E.A.R. was about Alma, F.E.A.R. 2 is about Alma, and we wanted to continue the story the way we originally intended."

When the original Monolith-developed F.E.A.R. came out in October 2005, it received widespread critical praise. The game's subsequent expansions by developer TimeGate simply did not live up to the original. The console ports of F.E.A.R. were developed by Day 1 Studios and also received mixed reviews. However, with Monolith taking charge of the upcoming console installments of F.E.A.R. 2 as well as the PC version, the developer is striving to deliver a strong experience across the board.

"Now we're handling all three versions, we've changed our development structure to develop all three SKUs simultaneously and there's no lead platform," Matthews said. "While there will be some slight variations between the different versions, so if you're on PC you can push some things further, our main goal is to make sure the experience is synonymous across all three platforms."

lol i had an x700 trying to run that game it wasnt really pretty. graphics and frame wise.

Why do I get the idea you guys are actually talking about sm 2.0/3.0?

fear2 doesnt look a lot different from fear. That definitely explains the very low system requirements.

Weird. I thought the expansion pack Extraction Point was a legit continuation; but that Perseus Mandate wasn't..... At least, in EP, you're still the same character from the original game whereas in PM, you're a different person and part of a different squad.

I liked Extraction Point....Perseus Mandate was ok; but not great.

Back