Eyefinity Help - Can't Duplicate to Third Monitor

AoL_Is_My_EnEmY

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi All -

Currently I have two Sapphire Toxic HD6950s running in Crossfire. In a single card I have two DVI's direct in, and an active mini-display to DVI adapter for the third monitor. When I try to duplicate the third display in CCC it never works and only allows me to have two on at a time. What am I doing wrong? I'm pulling my hair out! Please help!

Are you trying to duplicate an eyefinity desktop (2 displays) to a separate monitor (only 1 display)? I didn't think this was possible, for obvious reasons.

Nope. The two right now are currently just running in a standard duplicate setup. The 2nd monitor is the same as the 1st. I can't enable the 3rd, because if I do, it disables the 2nd. The adapter I'm using is an Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI. It's listed as Active on their website.

I think one of the dvi's are on the same lane as the DP. Try the hdmi port (thats the only difference in my set up from yours and works fine.) Also... Is that DP adapter a powered one? That would cause these issues as well.

I think one of the dvi's are on the same lane as the DP. Try the hdmi port (thats the only difference in my set up from yours and works fine.) Also... Is that DP adapter a powered one? That would cause these issues as well.

If that was the case, then you wouldn't need a DP monitor for triple screens.
AMD requirements state that the Display Port is required for to run 3 screens.

I just tried hooking up one monitor via DP to DVI, another to DVI, and another to HDMI. No cigar.

Back