eyefinity group + additional monitor and position problems

FocalFury

n00b
Hi everyone!
Here is my setup to give you an idea of what I'm working with
deskfj.jpg

I'm running two 5870's and if it matters the bottom 3 are hooked up via DVI, DVI, DP to one card, and the top one is HDMI to the top screen.
Res is 6048x1200 on the bottom and 1920x1200 on the top.

Naturally I have the monitors set up and the ATI control panel as such
1.jpg

But when I play a game (example Fallout New Vegas or NFS Hot Pursuit) or try and full screen winamp visualisation.....but when I exit the game....or actually once i load the game really. ATI control panel makes the monitors do this.

2.jpg

Its a bit irritating really, I've lived with it really and just keep the ATI control panel displays tab open and re-apply as necessary.

Does anyone have a fix for this.

It should be noted that VLC plays nice when I drag a movie up top and fullscreen.

Is there a way to anchor down the displays so that the ATI panel can't move them?

Thanks for your help

D A N N Y

I'm not sure how to make it a fixed location, but you can always go into the Profile manager, setup a profile having the monitors placed in the right location, and setup a Hotkey. All you would have to do is press the Hotkey and it would go back to it's correct position.

I have mine setup as CTRL+F6 = Only middle monitor as active, others turned off. and CTRL+F10 as Eyefinity.

I'm not sure how to make it a fixed location, but you can always go into the Profile manager, setup a profile having the monitors placed in the right location, and setup a Hotkey. All you would have to do is press the Hotkey and it would go back to it's correct position.

I have mine setup as CTRL+F6 = Only middle monitor as active, others turned off. and CTRL+F10 as Eyefinity.

That worked nicely :)

I took it a step further and just bound it to one of my recordable macro keys on my logitech keyboard.

Would be interested though if someone knows a permanent solution, but this is a tremendous step forward thanks

D A N N Y

Back