Eyefinity 24" Dell U2410+2408 or single 30" 3007?

allen5055

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi I currently have a U2410 + two 2408WFP's in eyefinity. I am debating switching to a single 30" monitor instead, specifically the 3007WFP. Which would you guys prefer?

I am purchasing a used 7970 to run the whole setup for games, and I know that performance would be better on a single 30" screen. I would actually prefer having one 30" monitor because my desk is smaller but I know that the 3007WFP is a bit older and doesn't have nearly as many connectivity options as my U2410 or 2408's.

I went from three NEC EA231WMi's in Eyefinity to a single Dell 3008WFP and could not be happier. There is nothing like 2560x1600...

Have you ever tried portrait eyefinity with your current screens? It would be something like 3600*1920 resolution i think.

Less is more imo. I went from three 1200x1600 to two 1200x1920 and would rather have one 1600x2560. This is just too wide. Going 30" I'd keep one smaller monitor for games unless I also upgrade my gpu power significantly. At least one side monitor is great to have but you want to be sitting directly in front of your main monitor. I'd jump on a good 30" deal.

One bigger screen definitely. Eyefinity is just a gimmick with very little practical use. For most work I would much rather have one large monitor, with a smaller companion monitor at most.

Definitely go with the single 30 inch. It will last "forever" and you will never be able to upgrade it. You can always add more monitors later for eyefinity. Just imagine having a wall of monitor in front of your face.

I always pick eyefinity over a large single monitor. My productivity is better on multiple monitors versus a large one. I hate alt + tabbing. It kills my flow.

Eyefinity is absolutely awesome in racing and some FPS games, a larger single screen is better for MMORPGs, RTS, etc. So I say it depends on which games you play.

Regarding productivity multiple monitors is easily better than a single big screen, you can have 3 maximized windows instead of crap all over the place.

I always pick eyefinity over a large single monitor. My productivity is better on multiple monitors versus a large one. I hate alt + tabbing. It kills my flow.

Well, I do have other monitors too. But he should start with the 30 inch and add cheap monitors if he wants more desktop space. I use 5 monitors at the moment, but play games only on the 30 inch.

Well, I do have other monitors too. But he should start with the 30 inch and add cheap monitors if he wants more desktop space. I use 5 monitors at the moment, but play games only on the 30 inch.

Interesting, I also have 5 monitors and only play on the 30"rs...

Also, for eyefinity gaming, you don't really want to mix sizes. So yeah.

Get the 30" and slowly but surely turn it into something like this.... (I love my setup, started with the 30" as well)

kFeFP.jpg

-Patrick

Those should be dell 2007fp. They match up with 30" in PLP set up pretty well.

Patrick, I LOVE that setup, I have 3x30" and it is just too much, what you have there looks to be perfect. I am going to get rid of a couple of 30's just because it got to be too wide.

3x24 in portrait eyefinity
my current set up-

having used about every set up possible I can't recommend 3x24 in portrait enough. So imersive

Some other posters 30 vs 3X24 here on H forum

Patrick, I LOVE that setup, I have 3x30" and it is just too much, what you have there looks to be perfect. I am going to get rid of a couple of 30's just because it got to be too wide.

Yeah I have been using this setup like that for a while now, after seeing it on this forum I had to have it. Just took me a long time to shop it, even found the 30" on craigslist, 3007wfp-hc with 2 years left on the warranty. Best part, and most people don't believe me when I say this, but everything you see on that desk, pc, speakers, keyboard, mouse, headsets, mousepad, monitors, webcam, even the desk itself, all ran me just under $2k total. My latest purchase, which was a few months ago, a 256gb m4 crucial ssd brought me over the 2k mark. But otherwise I shopped the hell out of this setup and couldn't be more happy with it.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but you know my thoughts, get the 30" it is amazing!

-Patrick

I use a single 3007wfp-hc right now, and I would prefer that over the 2x 24" setup. When gaming, it's better anyways (3x 24" would maybe be better, if you can deal w/ the bezels).

And I'm powering it with a 7970 as well, everything runs buttery smooth :D

Back