“Eyeborg” Replaces Eye with Functioning Wireless Video Camera

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Developing a working eye socket camera is progressing well in hopes that one day soon, the camera will be able to direct the images directly to the brain and ultimately restore sight. The project is amazing in its scope and accomplishment, but still years away from the ultimate goal. The YouTube video is graphic, so be advised.

If it's anything like Deus Ex it will help you sneak into guarded bases with ease thanks to its remarkable ability to see through walls.

Put an iR film onto the eye camera.. then you will see through peoples clothes. :D

Me and my friend go on nerd arguments quite often on augmentations and cyborgs ever since we watched Ghost in the Shell.

The "morals" crowd will go crazy over this stuff as it gets more advanced. Jebus doesn't like it.

Canna is right. How soon will it be before the religious nut jobs cry foul? And note, I'm not saying all religious people are nut jobs, I'm only calling on the religious nut jobs. But seriously, they will say this is tampering with "Gods" plans. What? God planned for someone to loose a leg? An arm? An eye? I'm not religious, but if I was and someone said it was Gods plan for me to lose a limb or my sight, I would really start to question that faith.

Look what they did with stem cell research. On Noes! They are harvesting stem cells from unfertilized eggs! Thats morally wrong!! Wait, what? Why? Since they were going to be destroyed anyway.....

Gotta love society....

This is so wrong. If they didn't deserve to be blind God wouldn't blind them to begin with.

I have cerebral palsy, specifically hyper tension in my left arm. Basically my tendons are all backwards and out of wack. I'm double jointed and have trouble keeping my thumb in the socket. The technology isn't there yet, the last idea I was given was that they implant a shit ton of electrodes in my arm that would give me better motor control. Can't talk myself into it. I play Counter-strike professionally off and on and I don't want to make my hand any worse. I can't wait til I can just cut the fucking thing off and get a cybernetic prosthetic. I have to use an 8 button mouse just so I can use all my damn keys.

Put an iR film onto the eye camera.. then you will see through peoples clothes. :D

You're assuming he can see with it in the first place... sticking a camera in an empty hole in your head is one thing, we're still a far way from having a camera transmit images so that your brain can read them.

Canna is right. How soon will it be before the religious nut jobs cry foul? And note, I'm not saying all religious people are nut jobs, I'm only calling on the religious nut jobs. But seriously, they will say this is tampering with "Gods" plans. What? God planned for someone to loose a leg? An arm? An eye? I'm not religious, but if I was and someone said it was Gods plan for me to lose a limb or my sight, I would really start to question that faith.

Look what they did with stem cell research. On Noes! They are harvesting stem cells from unfertilized eggs! Thats morally wrong!! Wait, what? Why? Since they were going to be destroyed anyway.....

Gotta love society....
Replace body parts with ones that have been more intelligently designed? They'll love it!

I gotta say, designing bionic attachments for the disabled is the coolest use of a computer game PR budget I've ever seen.

I will wait until they have the Barrel & Crate highlighting system perfected before I jump. You never want to miss the location of barrel or crate. :p

Apple will patent a similar design, and claim it as their own, called the iEye.

Gotta love society....

Heck I'm religious.. er at least I was brought up that way.. I'm not sure how I feel about it nowadays, but even I would say screw god if I could get my vision back without causing harm to anyone else, whoopty freaking do if some higher power doesn't like it, if there's such a problem it can prove it actually exists in the first place by talking to me about it lmfao :p

You're assuming he can see with it in the first place... sticking a camera in an empty hole in your head is one thing, we're still a far way from having a camera transmit images so that your brain can read them.

I thought we already can. Resolution sucks tho.

Hell yeah, I'd replace my glass eye with one of those! :D

Talk about your first person perspective.. If they could color it inside so it looked like a normal glass eye, would be a great spy device too.

I thought we already can. Resolution sucks tho.
Theres a different bit of technology that scientists are working on that they put in a blind persons eye that allow them to see. Its not perfect , because they only see shadows for now.

They are years off where a person can see any bit properly yet. Apparently they are about two years off being able to see some colours , so I day about 10 - 15 years before we get any decent form of this tech that will allow the blind to get some form of usable sight back.

But this tech thats working now will only work for people who had eyesight before and lost their eyesight.It wont work for people who were born blind.

I for one hope that they will come up with something that works before I die , because I was born with bad eyesight and its getting worse. Also it would be great for people who lost their eyesight or is losing their sight.

borg.jpg

Isn't the future beautiful?

Actually, when i thought of startrek and augmented eyes, borgs were not the first things that came to mind.

Hell yeah, I'd replace my glass eye with one of those! :D

Talk about your first person perspective.. If they could color it inside so it looked like a normal glass eye, would be a great spy device too.

And the scary part is that there are likely startrek fans that really would replace their eyes in favor of a V.I.S.O.R. if it ever comes about.

Actually, when i thought of startrek and augmented eyes, borgs were not the first things that came to mind.

And the scary part is that there are likely startrek fans that really would replace their eyes in favor of a V.I.S.O.R. if it ever comes about.

Hell, I wouldn't mind that.. When I lost my left eye, they had to remove the entire optic nerve.. The only way I'll ever see out of that eye again is with a brain implant...

I don't expect anything like that in my lifetime though. :D

The "morals" crowd will go crazy over this stuff as it gets more advanced. Jebus doesn't like it.
You are amazingly ignorant of the people that you mock. If you don't know what you are talking about, just don't say anything.

Gotta love society....
If they were unfertilized, then there would be no problem. However, if you actually knew what you were talking about, you would know that they are called "embryonic stem cells" for a reason. Next time, don't be so ignorant about what you mock.

There is absolutely nothing in Christianity that says that this kind of stuff is bad. Anyone who tells you that is either grossly ignorant or willfully misleading. At the same time, unless you know what it teaches then you should not be expounding on something that you know nothing or very little about. You show yourself just as ignorant as the people that you are slamming.

There is absolutely nothing in Christianity that says that this kind of stuff is bad. Anyone who tells you that is either grossly ignorant or willfully misleading. At the same time, unless you know what it teaches then you should not be expounding on something that you know nothing or very little about. You show yourself just as ignorant as the people that you are slamming.

the humility of some of these christians...

just forgive them and move on. you dont have to make post after post reaffirming your own faith... :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if Mrs. Jones across the street would ever be interested in upgrading her body parts but professional soldiers, security contractors, people into body modifications? Sure, I can see that. Hell, if you want to look way into the future, a person with almost all of their body parts replaced would make the perfect astronaut. No need to worry about muscles/bones degenerating when they're all artificial.

And when this stuff hit's the market I want to OC one to see if I can peer into the future ;)

the humility of some of these christians...

just forgive them and move on. you dont have to make post after post reaffirming your own faith... :rolleyes:
Humility has nothing to do with it and I have no need to reaffirm anything. It does, however, have to do with people talking about something like they know anything about it, which apparently the do not. If anything it seems to be them reaffirming something in themselves since the thread has nothing at all to do with religion but they decided to steer it in that direction anyway.

What a waste of time and money. He can't see with the fake eye. It's just a very expensive little camera.

Hey baby, nah i swear its not set to 'record' now smile for your fans and here clip this mic in your hair it really gets me off! lol

Back