Extremely low power use card for nvida physx besides the 220

Cube

[H]ard|Gawd
Whats an exetremely low power use card besides the GeForce GT 220 that does not need another external connector, is tiny, maybe dont need a fan but dont care if it has one, and would give me decent physx performance in 3d studio max/maya/games when paired with a real GPU like 2 or 3 GTX 680?

i want it to do its job and pretend it is not even in my PC case or taking to much extra power/heat.

the 220 seems to be the only one I see that fits my needs so far that meets the 32 cores and 256MB limit and takes next to no power.

yes I dont care if its overkill it only is like $40 to $100 extra to by one of these cheepo console noob level gpus, pocket change... it's like buying little go kart the cards are so adorable it reminds me of those little 3dfx cards back when gpus only needed tiny fans.

image-of-the-pny-geforce-gt-2201310-580x358.jpg

http://tpucdn.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GT_440/images/power_maximum.gif

Last edited:
With 2 or 3 GTX 680 cards in your system, you won't need a dedicated PhysX video card. The 680s will be fast enough to just do it themselves.

Also, a card that consumes as little power as you are looking for would do nothing but slow down 680 SLI.

Edit: besides, the GTX 680 is freaky deaky in that it uses only a little more power than a GTX 560 Ti, so it's only about halfway up the list in Cube's graph, despite being faster than all of them.

Last edited:
A dedicated PhysX card is now an outdated concept, much like an FPU separate from the CPU.

With 2 or 3 GTX 680 cards in your system, you won't need a dedicated PhysX video card. The 680s will be fast enough to just do it themselves.

Also, a card that consumes as little power as you are looking for would do nothing but slow down 680 SLI.

Edit: besides, the GTX 680 is freaky deaky in that it uses only a little more power than a GTX 560 Ti, so it's only about halfway up the list in Cube's graph, despite being faster than all of them.

Pretty much this. It's just probably going to slow down your system and be a pain for no real gain.

Doesn't worth the effort. Besides, the GT240 has four times the cores and more than twice the performance with only 20W more power.

Back