Extreme Team Folding Hosted by EHW

BWG

n00b
Hey guys, we used to run something called the Team Competition over at overclock.net, but it fell apart a while ago after a few Editors that replaced me couldn't keep up. I returned early this year, and revamped the event. It's being hosted on extreme hardware, but you can participate even while folding for Team 33!

Take a look and see if any of the 24/7 folders might want to form a team or 2 and possibly win some prizes in August for your folding efforts!

Here's the thread for the event: Thread

Gotta say that I've never heard of Extreme Hardware. A few of us have briefly mentioned this in our FAH Slack channel. I honestly haven't read it all through yet. You will find out Folding Team is a bit bare these days. And being hot in the USA during August may not appeal to many. I will try and find some time to finish reading the details on the site though. Hopefully, we can find some interest to help out. We have participated in a friendly competition around Jan/Feb each year with Team Anandtech for FAH. So, not sure how many will wan to do another one.

I personally will most likely sit this one out. It seems like a lot of hoops to do what many of us do already. It sounds like a lot of thought was put in focused on trying to level the playing field but I really don't see the point. It is nice that you guys have awards and all but it is just way too hot here to fire up my older equipment (I don't have top of the line anything) just for a competition. If others want to join in, they should feel free to do so.

You only fold 1 piece of hardware for it though, and isolate a passkey to it you won't use for anything else so we can monitor the points you generate. I wish it had more traction. We tried really hard to do something nice for any folder on any team who would like to join, but it's not going so well.

I'm glad you guys liked the effort though! I'll help anyway I can to get things setup for you guys even if I have to teamview.

My house is on lockdown due to my wife and daughter testing positive on Friday. The passkey thing is usually a sensitive issue for some. So, that might be one hiccup. I haven't heard many say they had interest though.

Well shoot, that's a bad stroke of luck. I hope everyone heals well and things return to normal here soon.

Well shoot, that's a bad stroke of luck. I hope everyone heals well and things return to normal here soon.
You should possibly get with some of the guys at TAAT. Maybe we could merge this event with the one we are doing with them every Jan/Feb as it seems to get more of [H]'s support since it is once a year during USA cold weather. The team is mostly USA members. biodoc

Back