Extreme Gamer and X-540

cdnbum88

Gawd
Having some issues with the installation with SB in the fact that it won't recognize my 5.1, it only shows 2.1? This is when I turn off the onboard sound in my BIOS, if that makes any difference.

When I utilize the onboard SoundMax, it is fine with the 5.1.

I believe I have all the cables right to the SB, there is only 3, so I would hope I can get the color codes right :D

Any suggestions?

The only obvious things would be that the SB isn't set to 5.1 mode (check the creative control panel, the default is stereo only), or that the wires are mixed up, but you'd still be getting audio... just not in the right speakers. Perhaps the onboard auto-detected your plug-ins so it didn't need to be configured.

I think one of my issues is with the install for 64 bit vista.

When I run this, I get this killapps message and it sometimes 'seems' to get through the install, but I don't ever see that program you noted.

I would use the CD but it is not 64 bit compatible.

Thoughts?

Download the newest drivers from the creative website, the full package. It will install the basic drivers plus their control package ("creative audio console") from which you can select the card's operating modes and setup.

Download the newest drivers from the creative website, the full package. It will install the basic drivers plus their control package ("creative audio console") from which you can select the card's operating modes and setup.

Thanks that worked. :)

Back