extracting spanned winrar file w/winrar - have you had problems?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by nalorin, Mar 22, 2004.

1. nalorin

nalorin Limp Gawd

I downloaded Farcry off usenet the other day. It comes in a *.rar file that's 74 pieces (.rar, .r00, .r01...... .r72) When I try to open the .rar file, it will show the *.iso in there, and it shows that that portion of the file is a certain size (~50 MB) and the other rar files (.r00-.r71) are around 70 MB... then the last one is around 48 MB (.r72)

When I look at the properties of the file (just .rar), it will show the size of the .rar file (~50 MB), and then the size of the entire .iso (~3.5 GB) and the compression ratio says 1%

when I try to extract the file, it will pop-up that little error log box and gives me 2 errors... I can't remember the first... I believe it's insignificant, and the second one says "file does not exist" or "no such file" or something... and whether I try to drag and drop it into windows, or select extract to: or whatever I try, I get the same error....

I tried to repair the .rar file, too using the winrar repair function... it sat there for about 1 minute, then I tried to do it again, with the same results.... anyone have any input on this?

2. grav

grav n00b

Check for PAR files from where you downloaded it.

Also check for an .sfv this will check each files CRC for errors. I think the program i used to use was called EasySFV.

the PAR files will repair your corrupt/missing files.