External Water Cooling - Whats Right For Me?

MadFlava

Limp Gawd
Okay, I really want to go to a watercooled setup mainly on my CPU. I want to cut down on the noise my PC makes so I think this is a good move towards getting rid of all the fans in my case.

My problem is that I can't run an internal water cooling setup. I simply have too much hardware inside my case and not much room to fit a pump, reservoir and radiatior.

That being said, I'm considering the Evox kit from Koolance or the Corsair kit. Are there any others out there that I should be looking at and does anyone have any first hand experience with either the Koolance or the Corsair. I did read the reviews here on both kits and the Evox looks like the better of the two.

Any help would be appreciated.

Can't comment on those kits but you might consider a T-line. Would save some space instead of a res.

I run a koolance 601b case (same thing as the exos, but it is in a case) I have a 2400+ athlon tbred running at 2256 @ 1.70 vcore running at 41 under full load, I have no complaints at all and I belive that a koolance is a great entry level water cooling kit, but if you want better temps though I would suggest going with a custom setup from dtek or dangerden :D

Yea.. ideally a more high performance setup would be better. However, I have 4 hard drives and 4 optical drives in my case so as you can imagine, there isn't a lot of room. The Evox does seem to be getting better reviews than the other self contained systems.

Back