External Hard Drive won't work after connecting it to PC

princeboy47

Limp Gawd
My dad have an external hard drive that I borrowed from him and when I returned it he connected the device to his PC and it did not work after connecting it and as I touch it it does not spin and the brand is transcend which has the restore like button on it with blue LED circle around it and it shows dimmed blue light instead of the normal LED that was emitted before. I do not have any idea why it is not working. Are you able to provide any solutions?

is it a wall powered one? maybe he is using the wrong power adapter?

No. It's a transcend external hard drive connected with a USB cable to the motherboard itself. It is not wall powered. What do you mean wrong power adapter? The one being used is the USB 3.0 cable.

No. It's a transcend external hard drive connected with a USB cable to the motherboard itself. It is not wall powered. What do you mean wrong power adapter? The one being used is the USB 3.0 cable.
I meant wall power as in power adapter that plugs into the wall, hard drive ones that require a power adapter use 12volt but if you happen to plug in a 9v or less adapter, it might do what you were experiencing.

I would try a different cable as well as other USB ports, probably even try to plug it into a powered USB hub, one that plugs into the wall for power.

I tried another USB cable and it didn't work. I tried a different external drive with the other cable and it worked! I tried the drive with the issue again and it didn't work. Nothing to be really mentioned differently between the two cables though I noticed a slight feedback from the needle head but it seems to be ticking. What do I do?

I tried another USB cable and it didn't work. I tried a different external drive with the other cable and it worked! I tried the drive with the issue again and it didn't work. Nothing to be really mentioned differently between the two cables though I noticed a slight feedback from the needle head but it seems to be ticking. What do I do?
buy your dad a new hard drive and hope that whatever important data that was on the transcend was backed up somewhere else.

Try using a rear motherboard usb port not a front panel one. My WD external will not work on a front port not enough power.

So, I downloaded a tool from transcend and launched it, reconnected the drive and it worked. Thank you very much for your help... really appreciate it.

Back