extending the 24pin and 8pin EPS won't hurt performance, will it?

dukenuke88

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi, I'm thinking of getting the NZXT 24 pin and 8 pin black sleeved extenders for my power supply. They look nice and will allow me to achieve my goal of routing the wires and still able to reach my mobo.

But i'm just curious, will extending the wires by 12 inches hurt anything? Or more importantly, will it reduce output from my power supply?

Thanks in advanced

12 inches won't cause much difference, maybe a tiny power loss.

Haha absolutely zero problems, I had those cables for awhile, they're kinda stiff though

really? how much is a little?
Not enough to be statistically significant. You would have to have a digital voltmeter with several decimal places to see the difference. The electronics won't care unless it lowers the voltage by more than 5%. An extension cable may affect it by less than 1%. They wouldn't produce them in the first place if it caused any significant voltage drop. As someone said, the cables aren't being extended for miles, so you will be fine.

Make your own.:p
I started doing it about 6 months ago.........I really like it, and I get to choose the materials and colors, not some chinese guy.

The quality of the premade extensions is pretty poor, either the wiring is crappy, the heatshrink cheap or the sleeving see through.

Only guy I would buy premade from is this guy: http://psychosleeve.com/

First, he will custom color them.
Second, he only uses MDPC-X sleeving and shrink.
Third, he'll make any length you want.

Beautiful stuff of the highest quality.

thanks for everybody's input...i will keep this in mind when i make my purchase

Make your own.:p
I started doing it about 6 months ago.........I really like it, and I get to choose the materials and colors, not some chinese guy.

The quality of the premade extensions is pretty poor, either the wiring is crappy, the heatshrink cheap or the sleeving see through.

Only guy I would buy premade from is this guy: http://psychosleeve.com/

First, he will custom color them.
Second, he only uses MDPC-X sleeving and shrink.
Third, he'll make any length you want.

Beautiful stuff of the highest quality.

Also probably costs double your actual Power supply to completely sleeve it :(

I agree though that he is the best. NZXT's are nice though, I have some.

Back