extending my Z640s

lukeh182

Gawd
now i probably just missed this in the sticky so if i did just point me to that! but i want to extend the wire on my rear speakers of my Z640s. what's the best way to do that without losing quality etc.?

I need to do the same but i have P580's, can I just cut the wire and twist in a new cablein the middle to lengthen?

Radio Shack sells them too. I bought some 6 footers for mine.

Opps somehow I missed that he posted radio shack and just saw frys.

Normally when ever anyone mentions Radio Shack cables I have one reply.... Pft.
But with those speakers good quality cables are a waste.... ;)

Originally posted by X86Dude
Normally when ever anyone mentions Radio Shack cables I have one reply.... Pft.
But with those speakers good quality cables are a waste.... ;)

why do you say that???

Why "do" I say what?
The fact that Radio Shack cables are crap?
Or the fact that these speakers lack the performance that would allow you to notice the effect better quality cables will have on the system?
Remember the golden rule.
Crap in, Crap out.
The one exception to this rule is when the speakers are crap. Then it doesn't matter what you put in to them ... it is all going to come out crap.

Or the fact that these speakers lack the performance.....
Remember the golden rule.
Crap in, Crap out.
The one exception to this rule is when the speakers are crap. Then it doesn't matter what you put in to them ... it is all going to come out crap.

well you have your opinion and i have mine....

I will vouch that those speakers are crap. Although for that price range, there's not much else for 5.1...

they're morons.

all he asked people is how to extend the speaker cable. not if they're good speakers. give him a straight answer.

i love my 640's so piss off.

Originally posted by HRslammR
they're morons.

all he asked people is how to extend the speaker cable. not if they're good speakers. give him a straight answer.

i love my 640's so piss off.

thanx!:D

i just want some way to hang my rear speakers behind me without having to hang wires all over my room! i think i will check out Rat shack despite the oposition;)

If you are bound and determined to buy a solution from Radio Shack pick the right parts.
Grab four of these
And one of these
Plug in the drill and the soldering iron and have it. You wont have to deal with crappy cables or redundant connections ever again.
While you are at it take a few picts so the TRUE MORONS can see how you did it. ;)

If you are bound and determined to buy a solution from Radio Shack pick the right parts.
Grab four of these
And one of these
Plug in the drill and the soldering iron and have it. You wont have to deal with crappy cables or redundant connections ever again.
While you are at it take a few picts so the TRUE MORONS can see how you did it. ;)

no no no nnnoooo!

all he needs is some RCA extenders. ya can get em from fry's for 4 bucks. hell i have some if you wanna buy them from me 10 bucks for all four.

and if you mount them in the four corners where the ceiling and walls meet, then just run the cables to the floor then along the wall to your computer.

also, what i did was take a hook screw and put it into the wall then get a cable tie and just loop it through the lil holes on the stands for the 640s then hang it on the hooks.

Interesting thing done with the 640's satelite (how the fuck do you spell that word?!) speakers...

just rotate the stand on it's screw, and use the 2 holes for screws to mount on a wall... (did this with my nephews setup)

Originally posted by KaosDG
Interesting thing done with the 640's satelite (how the fuck do you spell that word?!) speakers...

just rotate the stand on it's screw, and use the 2 holes for screws to mount on a wall... (did this with my nephews setup)

that's what i was thinking about doing. kinda nice how they did that

Originally posted by HRslammR
no no no nnnoooo!

all he needs is some RCA extenders. ya can get em from fry's for 4 bucks. hell i have some if you wanna buy them from me 10 bucks for all four.

Ummm, have we not covered this already? :rolleyes:
Lets recap here shall we?
You have not once but twice recommended low quality cables as a way to extend the speaker wires.
You got all pissy and started calling people names when someone suggested that the poor performance of these cables and speakers places them in the crap category. Hmm.
Then you bitched about giving the author of this thread a "straight answer."
Now that someone suggests a superior solution to the one that you recommended you bitch about that.
Funny, how you dared to call anyone else a moron.
That is a classic example of the pot calling the kettle black if I have ever seen one.

Ummm, have we not covered this already? :rolleyes:
Lets recap here shall we?
You have not once but twice recommended low quality cables as a way to extend the speaker wires.
You got all pissy and started calling people names when someone suggested that the poor performance of these cables and speakers places them in the crap category. Hmm.
Then you bitched about giving the author of this thread a "straight answer."
Now that someone suggests a superior solution to the one that you recommended you bitch about that.
Funny, how you dared to call anyone else a moron.
That is a classic example of the pot calling the kettle black if I have ever seen one.

nope. the cables are already RCA. and if the speakers are so crappy why go into the effort to start bringing it on a better cabling? do you have the 640's? ever used em?

Nope I do not have them.... I have much higher standards then that.
I bought a set for my 12 year old nephew for Christmas this year and due to the fact that his parents are less then electrically inclined guess who was the one that installed them?
That was all fine and well until my sister's husband gave him a snowmobile and the new computer audio system kinda became a moot point.
So the answer to your question is yes.... I have heard them.
And yes I have first hand experience with wiring them up.
Do you have any more ignorance to display in this thread or are you done now?

Do you have any more ignorance to display in this thread or are you done now?

don't care. i'm just saying, if the 640's are so shitty why spend time and effort making them run on better cabling when the speakers are still gonna suck? sorta like taking the time to build a run way for an ostrich. that and he never asked "how do i extend my speakers? and are they any good? should i buy them?" all he asked was "how do i extend my speakers"

Back