Express Card. . . Wireless N 5.0Ghz

sdotbrucato

[H]ard|Gawd
Well right now my house is wired throughout, but one roommate does not have a network run, due to his room being in an area of the house where attic access is near impossible.

Anyway, with all the interference he's getting on G, I told him he needs to get a Wireless N card for the laptop, but of course he asked me "which one" well shit, I don't know.

At the moment, APs serving up the 802.11n are my AirPort Expresses, but will soon to be a DIR-655 or a DGL-4500.

My first thought was to get a D-Link express card, but they dont seem to have one in the 5.0Ghz range? So what do you fine people at the [H] recommend?

Cliffs:
-looking for 802.11n Express Card for laptop
-Must operate on 5.0Ghz band
-Price no concern, just want something that works.
-AP will either be a D-Link DIR-655 or DGL-4500

they dont make any 5ghz only N products afaik becuase that would be stupid as it would pretty much totally remove backwards compatibility (A died for a reason).

That said I decided i would do the newegg search for you:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124259

it doesnt have to be just 5.0, but it needs to be able to operate on 5.0.

I saw the Linksys one linked to, I was just trying to see if anyone here had any experience with a 5.0Ghz ExpressCard. :cool:

The WEC600N is $72.62 from Amazon.com or possibly cheaper through their affiliate stores.

You might be able to replace the wireless card inside of the laptop for less money. Here are some wireless-N mini PCIe cards at Dell

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back