Exploring Computer Memory; DRAM DDR5

Wow, what an amazing video. The production value is incredible. This video is basically covering content that you would find in a 2nd or 3rd year Electrical Engineering class and it sucessfully brought it down to almost laymans terms. I feel like I learned so much.

I wish university profs were as good at explaining stuff as this video is. Sometimes, even though math formulas and equations are necessary to explain concepts as accurately as possible (which is the number 1 priority at universities), it comes at the expense of ease of comprehension. Explaining things visually like in this video is just so much easier to digest, I find, and you just end up learning so much more with a lot less effort.

Wow, what an amazing video. The production value is incredible. This video is basically covering content that you would find in a 2nd or 3rd year Electrical Engineering class and it sucessfully brought it down to almost laymans terms. I feel like I learned so much.

I wish university profs were as good at explaining stuff as this video is. Sometimes, even though math formulas and equations are necessary to explain concepts as accurately as possible (which is the number 1 priority at universities), it comes at the expense of ease of comprehension. Explaining things visually like in this video is just so much easier to digest, I find, and you just end up learning so much more with a lot less effort.
I couldn't have said it any better. An absolute treat to watch videos like this. If I find more good ones like this, I will post it. Some of the most enjoyable content I've seen in a while. Thanks, I loved it just as much as you did.

Thanks for posting that video. It was extremely informative. I hope they do a follow-up to discuss timings and what changing them does; the part they mentioned leaving out.

This was an incredible instructional video and the level of detail is astounding.
Many of these types of videos normally use very old models, ports, equipment, etc. that haven't been used on computer equipment in decades.

Everything in this was modernized for the 2020s with modern equipment and standards we are currently and actively using.
The amount of thought and detail that went into this is second to none.

Reactions: gvx64
like this
As an Electrical Engineer myself... I freaking loved this video! So well done and makes it so easy for most to understand.

Back