Explorer crashing in specific folders.

Ever since I unzipped a zip file from the temp folder, explorer seems to crash every time I click on a certain shortcut within that folder.

This seems to only happen in two locations, and it only began after I unzipped this folder. It has happened on two other occasions, but I can't quite remember how the problem was fixed--if it was fixed at all.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, what would be my best solution to fix it.

Right now I'm running on Windows XP Pro SP2 with the Neowin UXTheme.dll hack for visual styles. Not sure if that's important or not, but I thought I'd post that info up.

Many thanks in advance :)

It seems to crash every time I try to click a created shortcut from this one folder. I've already tried copying the contents and creating a new folder, but still explorer crashes when I create a shortcut of the new folder.

i have the same problem on a computer.. there is a folder with videos in it.. every time i go into the folder for more than about 10 seconds.. it crashes explorer...

I've got the same problem, except its with the folder that makes me cry.. The Fonts folder. so to install fonts I have to make a shortcut and not open the folder at all, just drag and drop =/

scottatwittenberg said:
i have the same problem on a computer.. there is a folder with videos in it.. every time i go into the folder for more than about 10 seconds.. it crashes explorer...

I think that is a problem with your codecs or a dud video as explorer is generating a thumbnail icon from the first frame of the video. try changing the icons from thumbnails to a list view or something.

worked for me...

Back