Explorer Crash - Keeps coming back - Please help

marley1

Supreme [H]ardness
Alright i posted a few days ago, since then i formatted and got rid of sp2. SO one crash down and a new one.

When i right click on some folders. I will get a Explorer Crash then a Internet Explorer Crash.

the explorer crash is
AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106 ModName: shell32.dll
ModVer: 6.0.2800.1106 Offset: 00048062

then after that this error comes up
an error has occurred in internet explor. internet explorer will now close.

Anyone have any idea how to fix? I got rid of any BHO that didn't look needed specifically one for DAP(download accel plus) and one for Adobe.

Any advice here?

Thanks,
Dan

Hmm I doubt this will help, but could it be bad ram? Anytime I get explorer crashes after a reinstall its either driver problems or hardware malfunctions.

can you extract shell32.dll from the install CD to a temp folder, reboot in safe mode, then copy it to where the original shell32.dll is?

what's the command to check system file integriy, sfc /scannow?

any other options

right now i just ran spybot and spysweeper

uninstalled download accel plus since spybot found it to have like 10 ads.

updating everything right now and rebooting.

ill reply back in a few

none of that did anything.

what else can i do?

still didn't try that shell.dll but i would rather try that last since i cant afford to format again.

i thought it was my usb hdd so i turned it off, nott hat. turned of some creative program loading up still no good.

what else can i try?

i dont see how firefox will fix this problem.

i right click on desktop folders and this crashes.

seems like its a windows problem not browser related.

well im getting closer.

i just remember i never installed the drivers for hte sata raid controller which i dont use. ijust have a normal ide drive. but i installed the drivers.

now its only crashing 1 time, before it took like 4 times then it would be fine.

any one experience this problem?

Did the problems happen after you installed SP2? Might want to bring up task manager to see if something is taking all your system resources. I know that WinBlinds made me get that same messege....

lil layzie said:
OoO, I know. It's most likely Spybot. I had this problem myself and it took me a while to figure out, but once I did, the problem went away.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=799510
^Read the 2nd last post in that thread. Hopefully that will fix it. Good luck.

good shit brotha. i just tried that since i had spysweeper and i think it fixed it. thats wierd never would thought that would cause its not even loaded with startup.

darktiger said:
Did the problems happen after you installed SP2? Might want to bring up task manager to see if something is taking all your system resources. I know that WinBlinds made me get that same messege.... .

This did happen after sp2, but i wonder if this would now solve that problem in sp2. I formated and im on sp1. SP2 had shit with my usb printer wouldn't allow me to scan, so sp2 is gone till its all fixed.

Well so far i think its fixed

Thanks all for replying.

Thanks again,
Dan

Back