Explanation needed... Notebook suddenly comes back to life

NICKSTAR

2[H]4U
Okay so I had a notebook sitting in my closet for months because it would not power on with a display.

I was sure the motherboard or the 8400m video card had burned out in it. I tried replacing the ram and other peripherals but nothing ever worked. Tried taking the battery out, resetting cmos, etc. All it would ever do was flash some lights and the fan would kick on. never any display.

Tonight I got bored and pulled it out of my closet thinking about ebaying it just to see if it gets any hits. Plugged it in and it came on. I powered it off, unplugged it, plugged it back in and it came back on.. Its sitting in bios now. No hard drive.

Why? lol. Anybody got any theories? what test should i run to make sure its not a fluke?

Last edited:
Jesus%20laptop%20103.jpg_thumb.jpg

Post a pic of it working, and list it "As is" that's what I'd do, if people ask if there is anything wrong, be honest. Getting anything for it is better then it sitting taking up closet space ya?

As for what the issue is, I have no idea. Was it a one time thing that you tried it and it didn't work? maybe heat related?

Magic 8 ball says: when you threw it in the closet a few months ago it was fixed by Lane's Principle "There is no problem which cannot be solved by suitable application of blunt force." If it acts up again beat it like it owes you money:D

Back