[Expired] Garmin Oregon 700 Handheld GPS $176 Shipped BuyDig@eBay

lifanus

Gawd
Deal EXPIRED

Great price on brand new Oregon 700 from a reputable seller. This usually sells for $299 new.

http://ebay.us/4s86y8

Not a Hardware deal but electronics 😁

Cheers!

Last edited:
ugh...ive been looking to buy a GPS for a whilke. usually whoever im with on excursions that require one already has one, so no need for two. but I went on a date recently and the girl was telling me that our phone GPSs are just as good as these and even better because of extra functionality. So no need to get a standalone. But I don't know, if I was going into the dessert im not sure I would want to trust my phone...

phone gps is actually not very good

but there is a new chip that does L5 GPS and is in a few phones and that gives it 1 meter accuracy which will blow away any older device

very few phones right now though and no official list of them either

Code:
Google	Pixel 4 and 4XL
Google	Pixel 5
Samsung	Note 10/10+ 5G (South Korean - SM-N971N and SM-N976N)
Samsung	Galaxy S10/S10+ (International GSM only, no CDMA - SM-G9730, SM-G9750)
Samsung	S20/S20+/S20 Ultra 5G (U.S., Latin America, Chinese, and Japanese)
Samsung	S20/S20+/S20 Ultra 5G (European and other markets)
Samsung	Note 20 Ultra (U.S., Latin America, Chinese, and Japanese)
Samsung	Note 20 Ultra (European and other markets)
OnePlus	Nord N10
OnePlus	8 and 8 Pro
OnePlus	7 and 7 Pro
OnePlus	7T
OPPO	Reno 10x
Honor	View 20 (V20)
Huawei	Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, and Mate 20 X
Huawei	P30 and P30 Pro
Xiaomi	Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
Xiaomi	Mi 10 Lite 5G
Xiaomi	Mi 9
Xiaomi	Mi 8
Xiaomi	Mi Mix 3

Last edited:
The only model of handheld GPS I know that supports more GPS systems is the newly released Garmin Gpsmap 66sr, which includes additional satellite support for Japan, India, Europe besides the usual US/Russian satellites... Which is the one I just bought, otherwise I would jump onto the Oregon 700 just to use it as my hiking/tour cycling GPS. The Oregon 700 can also hook up speed/cadence and heart rate sensors for additional data to be exported to Garmin Connect.

Yes, you can use your phone, but the battery drains pretty fast in GPS mode, if I do over a half day hike... I'd still prefer a dedicated GPS, and it's actually quite easy to get lost on trails especially if it's a new trail.

but there is a new chip that does L5 GPS and is in a few phones and that gives it 1 meter accuracy which will blow away any older device
Rare the situation where a standard 10 meter accuracy would not be more than enough no ?, that said my experience with phone GPS (On extremely cheap Nokias) was impressively good, but yes battery usage would be a real issue in many scenario that would make a dedicated device a good idea.

There is some industrial work that can use nice 0.5, 1 meter gps, but if we are talking about not getting lost on your excursion or when you go to your chalet/hunting-fishing trip, 50 meter could do for many, let alone 10.

Rare the situation where a standard 10 meter accuracy would not be more than enough no ?, that said my experience with phone GPS (On extremely cheap Nokias) was impressively good, but yes battery usage would be a real issue in many scenario that would make a dedicated device a good idea.

There is some industrial work that can use nice 0.5, 1 meter gps, but if we are talking about not getting lost on your excursion or when you go to your chalet/hunting-fishing trip, 50 meter could do for many, let alone 10.
My GPSMAP 66sr arrived earlier this week, quite impressed by the ability to keep a more accurate positioning in tricky areas where regular GPS struggles. So I guess not only for improved accuracy in open areas (where it gives an accuracy of 1.8m compared to 3m of single band GPS/GNSS) but more tricky areas, where the multi-band really shines in able to lock on more satellite and provide better positioning.

Did a quick accuracy comparison in less than idea conditions for the GPSMAP 66sr and my phone gps

Back