Experts Weigh In On Having Sex With Robots

HardOCP News

[H] News
Something tells me that people in favor of having sex with robots haven't given much thought to what it will be like once the machines have taken over the planet and enslaved us all. :eek:

"It's something we should be very concerned about...because if people feel they can have an intimate relationship with a machine, that is saying something serious about how we're experiencing empathy with each other," Kathleen Richardson, senior research fellow in the ethics of robotics at the U.K.'s De Montfort University, said during the panel.

"if people feel they can have an intimate relationship with a machine, that is saying something serious about how we're experiencing empathy with each other"

I think this person is confusing "intimacy" with "porking and/or being porked by a robot" :p

Gezz I think I just broke a transistor!............ think of the poor tech guy who has to fix it :D

I am so ready

cherry2000.jpg

Make sure you have a safe word programmed in beforehand?

Oh man I can see it now..."Hackers hacked into my sexbot and changed my safe word, and now I can never walk again."

Exactly, people already use fleshlights and dildos. Nothing different. Person is using a tool to get off

Agreed.

But in all honesty, if anything this helps bring down the amount of reproduction we have. We have enough people suckling the taxpayer teet. God forbid we try to reduce it by having alternative ways to release those hormones.

Though with things like Social security, which is in all honesty - a pyramid scheme that depends on having more taxpayers later than now.... it kinda puts a bind into things...

Something tells me that people in favor of having sex with robots haven't given much thought to what it will be like once the machines have taken over the planet and enslaved us all. :eek:

"It's something we should be very concerned about...because if people feel they can have an intimate relationship with a machine, that is saying something serious about how we're experiencing empathy with each other," Kathleen Richardson, senior research fellow in the ethics of robotics at the U.K.'s De Montfort University, said during the panel.

Stupid crap like this just makes me want to back hand her. By her logic, me jerking off is an intimate relationship with my hand instead of I just wanted to get off. Sorry but if I bang a robot, it isn't intimate. I'm just a guy looking to get off quickly without all the hassle that comes with getting the wife in the mood.

Stupid crap like this just makes me want to back hand her. By her logic, me jerking off is an intimate relationship with my hand instead of I just wanted to get off. Sorry but if I bang a robot, it isn't intimate. I'm just a guy looking to get off quickly without all the hassle that comes with getting the wife in the mood.

I think it depends what we're looking at. At some point, Robots are going to look like people and will likely be able to emulate human emotion. My guess is were several decades away, but I suspect it will happen. Now whether people will skip out on a relationship with another person in favor of a robot, remains to be seen, but I'd be shocked if some percentage of the population doesn't choose that. After all, you can program your perfect woman into a robot and if you want something different, you can change the program.

OTOH, it might be very good for sex therapy.

I don't think intimacy is the human impulse that's the problem. its jealously and resentment to competition. She probably just finished watching Ex Machina and is afraid to have to compete with an Alicia Vikander. Who is probably prettier with the robot bits and even more without them and a robot would be much less of a spoiled child. Criticizing Intimacy with a machine is the only way she can dismiss the competition.

Its funny watching women driven by sexual competition and who don't even realize it.

Agreed.

But in all honesty, if anything this helps bring down the amount of reproduction we have. We have enough people suckling the taxpayer teet. God forbid we try to reduce it by having alternative ways to release those hormones.

Though with things like Social security, which is in all honesty - a pyramid scheme that depends on having more taxpayers later than now.... it kinda puts a bind into things...

Those sucking on taxpayers will continue to recklessly procreate.

I think it depends what we're looking at. At some point, Robots are going to look like people and will likely be able to emulate human emotion. My guess is were several decades away, but I suspect it will happen. Now whether people will skip out on a relationship with another person in favor of a robot, remains to be seen, but I'd be shocked if some percentage of the population doesn't choose that. After all, you can program your perfect woman into a robot and if you want something different, you can change the program.

OTOH, it might be very good for sex therapy.

Right but that still isn't intimate. That is just a guy picking the easiest means of getting off for the pleasure of it. Even if ai gets developed enough to develop a relationship ala "her" it still isn't intimate. I find the entire notion of a guy being intimate with a robot to be a completely asinine female notion that doesn't understand male evolution in the slightest. Men have enough trouble getting intimate with a real female as it is. Most just want nothing more than what we are biologically wired for, which is to get our rocks off. Just look at things like Tinder. That isn't men looking for intimate relationships in the slightest, that's men looking to bang some chick with no strings and find the next one. Reality is we aren't wired for monogamy, we are wired to spread our genetics as much as we can. Monogamy is a construct of society. Most of us only strive to enter monogamous relationships because we have it beaten into our heads all our lives that it is the only acceptable thing to do.

Here's hoping ASUS builds a robotic vagina expansion card so we can have sex with our PC rigs.

It's all fun and games until someone loses their member....

That said, can we overclock it them?

It's all fun and games until someone loses their member....

That said, can we overclock it them?

heat could be an issue. Also if this is something battery powered, more energy used will be less battery life, so get your business done quickly! :p

Here's hoping ASUS builds a robotic vagina expansion card so we can have sex with our PC rigs.

you can (or could) already get something like that. They have been around for about 15 years. think the device was called fuck you fuck me. Plugged into one of the 5 1/4 in bays on the front of the computer.

If I recall the imagines correctly of the use (cartoon drawing). one had a guy on his knees next to the computer case. and the woman was laying down with her bottom raised up, basically a back bend position, to the level of the computer attachment.

I am at work so not going to look up to see if the device is still around or if the site is still around.

Women have these sex toy parties where they drink wine and have some saleslady come over and sell them sex toys and its all wonderful and giggles and "you go girl" so 2015 empowered and not ashamed of her sexuality.

Guys talk about a sex robot, and all of a sudden their brains are going a thousand miles an hour, they fear they can no longer use withholding sex as a tool to control men (the real reason for slut-shaming BTW, which comes from women towards other woman more than men, as giving it away cheap decreases the value of their own sexual currency), and now they are up in arms and say any man that could do that could get off with a machine is a deviant, disgusting pervert, a loser who can't get a real woman. We need to make laws against this, because its, uhm, its, uhm, RAPE CULTURE, yes, that's it!

And personally, I'd be threatened too if I were a 32 year old single mother; how the heck am I going to convince some beta-male to pay for and raise someone else's kid I got from having sex with some really hot guy in the bathroom of a club, if he can get a sex from a robot that looks like a 19 year old supermodel that will never age and obeys his whims and calls him master?

Of course there will be some religious guys and pressured husbands who will white-knight and agree that sexy young femmebots will end society, rather than solve the overpopulation and possibly even AIDS crisis (drop off a couple thousand in Africa that are self-disinfection that can be rented cheap, and voila rape/AIDS/etc disappears overnight and the birthrate falls as the only children born are ones that a couple intentionally wanted to have together.
I think this person is confusing "intimacy" with "porking and/or being porked by a robot" :p
Exactly, you don't have to be "IN LOVE" with a dildo to get off on it. *looks both ways* Of course it's forum policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo... always use the indefinite article a dildo, never your dildo. :p

Still relevant.
https://vimeo.com/12915013
I miss Futurama.
I love futurama! But all kidding aside, when we look at the industrial revolution and the rapid advancement of mankind in virtually all avenues of life, what was the real trigger?

Mechanization meant that most people no longer had to spend most of their time looking for food. That freed up large portions of the population, at this time almost exclusively males, to devote that time instead to advance mathematics, science, astronomy, to build great ships to explore the world, and so forth. Now, speaking for myself at least, sex is a biological need just like eating. I get hungry, eventually I have to eat or the biological drive becomes overwhelming, but luckily that takes no more than an hour or two of my day. I get horny, eventually I have to have sex or the biological drive becomes overwhelming, but now imagine that I no longer had to devote days a week to browsing tinder or going to bars or pretending to like my female coworker's friends in a chance I might spend a bunch of money to convince her to let me flop around on her for an hour.

So honestly, society didn't stop progressing when the need for hunting for food ended, quite the opposite, which I think will be the case when the need to hunt for poon ends too.

The only negative fallout I could see is that people might start caring less about their appearance, but considering how fat most peeps are these days, I don't think we have far to fall. Heck, might be able to program our femmebots like fitbits, and burning a thousand calories a day in sexercise! :p

They will call it the "Sex Drive". For the box they will reprint their old slogan that now weirdly works. "Rock Solid. Heart Touching."

Right but that still isn't intimate. That is just a guy picking the easiest means of getting off for the pleasure of it. Even if ai gets developed enough to develop a relationship ala "her" it still isn't intimate. I find the entire notion of a guy being intimate with a robot to be a completely asinine female notion that doesn't understand male evolution in the slightest. Men have enough trouble getting intimate with a real female as it is. Most just want nothing more than what we are biologically wired for, which is to get our rocks off. Just look at things like Tinder. That isn't men looking for intimate relationships in the slightest, that's men looking to bang some chick with no strings and find the next one. Reality is we aren't wired for monogamy, we are wired to spread our genetics as much as we can. Monogamy is a construct of society. Most of us only strive to enter monogamous relationships because we have it beaten into our heads all our lives that it is the only acceptable thing to do.

I agree, but only so far. I've been with my girl over 33 years. Before I met her there were other girls. While I dated her, the same. Even after I proposed, and the Army imposed a 7 month waiting period, I had enough time to go back and forth over the whole deal and I even cheated after we married. She knows about all of that. And she stayed with me through all of that. And today, she's over 50, she was never a beauty, she was cute but now that's not so physical as it is personality. The truth is, I stay with her because she loves me so much and she raised my kids with me and I owe her for the good life she has help me make. She is less desirable then she has ever been in her life and I could never hurt her or leave her today.

I can understand if others don't get it. I think you have to life it to see it.

Agreed.

thing is the people that can afford these are not the people sucking off of the government teat...

just one step closer to idocracy

thing is the people that can afford these are not the people sucking off of the government teat...
The first models sure, but not when it becomes mainstream, and remember you don't have to own an entire restaurant to get yourself a hamburger.

You go to Wendy's and you buy a hamburger and leave 20 mins later. Likewise, in the future you could go to Robo-Wendy's, buy a half/half and leave 20 mins later.

Cheap, quick, safe, easy.

Back