Experience with wireless phone jacks?

jslater25

Limp Gawd
I am considering buying something like RTX DUALjack RTX3241S rather than paying AT&T their requested $120 to add a phone jack.

Does anyone have any experience with doing something like this? Does it cause issues with internet connectivity if using DSL?

There's two reasons to use the Dualjack. One, I can add multiple jacks. One would be for DSL upstairs (rather than adding the phone jack) and one would be used for saving $5 a month on my Dish Network (adding a phone line to the receiver saves $5/mo).

If its better in the long run to simply run the extra jacks and pay AT&T to do the drop, I will go that route. Just hoping to save a little cash....

I don't have experience with it, but i don't think that it will work for DSL. Only for voice calls & analog modems. DSL does most(?) of its signalling outside the audible area on the phone line, which is what that device is extending. Analog modems work over the voice frequencies, so they work in some fashion too.

Running phone lines shouldn't be hard. I bet you could find somebody to run them for less than $120. Most of the trouble will be determining a cable route you dont have to drill to get to. In my house for the 2nd floor that means running the cable to the attic, then dropping down between the studs in the walls.

Back