Expanding Swiftech H220-X - is this Barrow res a good option?

viivo

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm doing some small upgrades to the Swiftech. Since I don't need an extreme custom loop, adding some entry-level parts to the H220-X should be more than enough for my needs. Tubing and fittings are already on the way and since I'm fine with the radiator, the only other thing is the extremely small reservoir. I saw this on Amazon: 65x135mm Barrow reservoir. Is there any reason it would not work with this setup? Is there another that would be better suited around the $30-40 range?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm doing some small upgrades to the Swiftech. Since I don't need an extreme custom loop, adding some entry-level parts to the H220-X should be more than enough for my needs. Tubing and fittings are already on the way and since I'm fine with the radiator, the only other thing is the extremely small reservoir. I saw this on Amazon: 65x135mm Barrow reservoir. Is there any reason it would not work with this setup? Is there another that would be better suited around the $30-40 range?

I've only used Barrow for fittings and been more than happy with them. Honestly I think Bitspower, Byski, and Barrow make good stuff for the money. I see tons of rigs leveraging distribution plates they sell, so that reservoir should be a decent bargain.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It'll work great. I've used a Barrow res before (not that exact one) and it performed as advertised.

I have used barrow fittings for a while now and consider them top quality. I considered getting a barrow tube res/d5 combo but after looking closely they had "aluminum may come in contact with coolant" warnings so I did not get them for that reason. That may not be true for the standalone tube res. Quality would not be a worry for me though.

So, I'm an idiot for trying to expand on this thing. The H220's MCP30 pump is just an MCP50X, a non-D5 variant and a model for which there are no tops or housings, at least not anymore. No loss though, the H220-X was cheap and at least all the fittings and tubing I picked up will work in the actually expandable loop I'll be putting together. What's the best noise: performance pump right now?

Please, show pictures of the final result ;)
Fuck people asking for help amirite? :smug:

Last edited:
Back