Existing coaxial/BNC/S-Video camera -- possible to give RTSP stream?

Cerulean

[H]F Junkie
Greetings,

We have an existing camera with a coaxial/BNC cable that plugs into an S-Video to VGA adapter and we are needing to "convert" this into an RTSP stream / web-interface type thing without replacing the camera or wiring. Any ideas? :(

there are svideo capture cards for computers, with appropriate software you can get it onto the network. I don't know if there are any dedicated network devices to do this.

usb video capture card and a random pc? coaxial/BNC is probably just composite video...

I wold replace the camera with an IP camera, higher resolution, no need for separate PC... you can get a chinese 1080p wifi camera for <$200 now

Hello!

I found Ozeki's Camera SDK. With this development kit I can record videos, have motin control, alarm function, remote control and this SDK also have a server mode which allows you to stream the connected camera video to the clients. It is also compatible with USB, RTSP and Onvif cameras. So you can connect to your camera, create an RTSP server from your application and share the content of your camera with them. The implementation of this server is very easy. You only need to add an IP address and a listening port to the server then start it. After the server is running you can reach it by any RTSP client like VLC or with another Ozeki camera sdk program.

RTSP connection: rtsp://serverIpAddress:serverListeningPort

You can try it by downloading the SDK or the Onvif IP Camera Manager only.

You can do this with a capture/TV-card that has a WDM-driver and VLC, probably easier on Linux if you want recent software.
//Danne

Back