Excitebike

diablo111

[H]ard|Gawd
Anybody remember playing this one? I just picked it up for my GBA-SP...

gbaeb.jpg

I played the hell out of it in the arcade back in the day...then got it for the NES and played the crap out of it again. I saw it for the GBA and had to snag it up! I also picked up Donkey Kong...classic Nintendo goodness :D

You think anybody here's going to post and admit being that old?

uh... wait... i just did :eek:

I played it when I was like 5, but I was born in 88 so the game and me game out at about the same time.

Sly said:
You think anybody here's going to post and admit being that old?

uh... wait... i just did :eek:

Certainly. Old age & Treachery overcomes Youth & Skill ;)

Great game. Of course, seeing as how I was born in 1980, I might have a few more years on the rest of you. :)

I loved creating my own courses, and you've got to love the sounds the bikes made. Great fun!

That was an awesome NES game. Definitely a treat for any GBA owner.

carl67lp said:
Great game. Of course, seeing as how I was born in 1980, I might have a few more years on the rest of you. :)

I loved creating my own courses, and you've got to love the sounds the bikes made. Great fun!

September 1976, I win in the age department. :D

This game rocked and the course builder entertained me for hours. Now I wish tehy would rerelease the original RC Pro Am.

I play it occasionally on my PSP, along with Ikari Warriors, Double Dribble, etc.

saintrobyn said:

This game rocked and the course builder entertained me for hours. Now I wish tehy would rerelease the original RC Pro Am.

Feb of '76, got you beat by a few months. :p

This game was awesome. I remember fighting with friends over who was the best at the game. I was of course. ;)

zoobaby said:
Feb of '76, got you beat by a few months. :p

This game was awesome. I remember fighting with friends over who was the best at the game. I was of course. ;)
May, 1961...game, set and match. In July '76 I went to NYC and saw the tall ships in the harbor. You were still loading diapers at a startling rate! (LOL...just messin' with ya'). Never liked the game, though...

Dang... I thought my Aug '75 would beat out all until your old ass showed up zone ;)

(My mother always said I never respected my elders.)

There was a game for the VIC20 called 'kickstart' that was somewhat like this I believe. The VIC20 (and later C64) game was based on a British kids TV show, where they had dirtbike trials. Ahh, memories....

EDIT: So I can't spell either ;)

Everybody gets a small measure of respect, just for showing up. The rest has to be earned...I don't care if you're old, big or smart. So when you say "My mother always said I never respected (sic) my elders.", I say "keep up the good work".
And just wait til your ass is this old! Besides, it's not the years, it's the miles...
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

I had to search high and low for that game. Ended up finding it at a Funcoland. I was born in '85. That was when I was in elementary school.

saintrobyn said:

Damn, RC Pro Am rocked! I was a huge fan of that one, too. Now this thread has me waxing nostalgic... A couple of weeks ago, my girlfriend and I happened to flip through the channels and saw Ice Hockey (NES) on G4. We watched the whole segment and recalled fondly those days. Ice Hockey was one of my favorite NES games; I used to grab a whole team of the fat guys and just go to town!

I played the shit out of that after I unlocked it on some N64 game...forgot what it was but I know I played the hell out of that. Best game made. EVER.

Maybe it was excitebike 64? Just a guess.

Edit: Yeah, I just checked, and after successfully completing turorial mode in Excitebike 64, the original NES version is available.

O[H]-Zone said:
May, 1961...game, set and match. In July '76 I went to NYC and saw the tall ships in the harbor. You were still loading diapers at a startling rate! (LOL...just messin' with ya'). Never liked the game, though...
bjork said:
june 7th 1975.

pwned.
lol learn to fucking read a thread before you post

nice spam btw, this is an excitebike thread not a how old I am thread

loved that fucking game
I remember playing it with the nes advantage
rapid fire ruled when you crashed
got back on the bike in the blink of an eye

and course builder!

I used to make some crazy shit with that

played a flash version not that long ago
not quite the same

if i am not mistaken i think i had this game before it was out on a console.

it was a stand alone game and you had a motorcycle handle bars base. twist throttle and all.

there was no course builder just the game and it was in black and white.

i think i might still have it at my parents house.

oh and march 72

rabiddawgs said:
if i am not mistaken i think i had this game before it was out on a console.

it was a stand alone game and you had a motorcycle handle bars base. twist throttle and all.

there was no course builder just the game and it was in black and white.

i think i might still have it at my parents house.

oh and march 72

I think you're thinking of something else. Every Excitebike I saw was in color, not b&w. Excite bike was a side-scroller with a joystick and a single button (if I remember correctly) where up/down changed lanes, and left/right controlled how your bike landed from jumps.

So far, Zone's got everyone beat in the age dept. That's gonna be hard to beat. (Wanna borrow a cane for your next LAN?) ;) :D J/K

saintrobyn said:

i was truely addicted to Pro Am..

O[H]-Zone said:

Damn man...spank us all and put us to bed..;)

Bet I can beat you at Excitebike. :p

wfalcon said:
(Wanna borrow a cane for your next LAN?) ;) :D J/K
Sure; what ya got? Since my "big" bike accident, I use a cane about 20% of the time. Makes me look distinguished, and I've learned some cool cane tricks to impress female lady women chicks of the opposite sex as well!
zoobaby said:
Bet I can beat you at Excitebike.
Nuh-uh...heh.
Nah, I was hooked on anything with "Mario" in the title (yeah, I know...how bad is that.) We were addicted to "The Legend of Zelda" when it came out. I think we blew a month or two on that one.
Oh, and I thought "Duck Hunt" was cool as hell, until somebody dropped the gun and it pointed wrong.
And "Afterburner"...always liked flight sims. Even super-simple extra-cheesy ones. I guess it was the best they could do.

O[H]-Zone said:
And "Afterburner"...always liked flight sims. Even super-simple extra-cheesy ones. I guess it was the best they could do.

Do you remember Top Gun? Trying to land on that F)(*#$(*ING carrier sucked! But it still didn't keep my from trying for hours on end! :D

March '81. Not old in life, but pretty old for the forum. ;)

Played Excitebike and Spy Hunter in a freaking pool hall back in the younger days....I think there was a Return of the Jedi game sitting there as well.....

June '69 here. Whoever said "Old Age & Treachery" was dead on right..lol.

Jason711 said:
i was truely addicted to Pro Am..
That game frustrated me to no end. I believe I was 8, at the time. Couldn't adjust to the physics for the life of me... I should probably give that damned game another try, though. Some 15 years later I might be able to handle it... although... I seem to suck even harder at Super Mario Bros.

Kiggles said:
That game frustrated me to no end. I believe I was 8, at the time. Couldn't adjust to the physics for the life of me... I should probably give that damned game another try, though. Some 15 years later I might be able to handle it... although... I seem to suck even harder at Super Mario Bros.

Hell ya i hear ya on the suckin...i play mario 3 for a while the other day...and where the hell did my skills go...i used to be able to whoop that game.....
Guess its all these new games and technology and junk...gets me off the joypad.
I still play the classics daily though...i grew up on em They were my life for years.

Went and watched Sharkboy and Lavagirl yesterday with the kids...in one scene there was and old gameboy...you know the bulky grey one...ya ..you do...and a classic nes controller...
My wife laughed cuz i kinda freaked.....neways i play the nes controller on the puter...bring me back
/me "sighs"

when people come to my house and see my entertainment center the first thing they point out is my NES system and my 60+games. my nes is still in my rack with my dvd player, reciever, cable box...why would I want to put an xbox or ps2 there when I can play NES!!!

nothing like playing mario brothers or excite bike on my projector....duck hunt is cake though because the ducks are jumungus!!!

and yes its my original NES my mom bought for me the day it came out...

Kiggles said:

haha.. i was about the same age.. (born in '79). it did take me a while to get used to it.. but once i did, it was fun as hell.. :D

Guys, there are people that visit the gaming forums that are much, much older than all of you. I've seen 50 and 60 year-olds visit and ask questions.

Torgo said:
Guys, there are people that visit the gaming forums that are much, much older than all of you. I've seen 50 and 60 year-olds visit and ask questions.

wow, news flash.. :rolleyes:

nothings better than the classic

i remember playing that when i was around 5(? born in '89).....

good times.....goooooood times

i had that game.. it was much fun.. i was born in 84.. that's so i played that game when it was considered old already... i think i got the game through a cousin of mine.. much older though... i was thinking of getting the GBA castlevania 1

I still have my N64...I'll have to see if I can find that version of excitebite :D

I've also thought about getting Castlevania 1...that game kicked ass...I love how they're bringing these classics back. I'm not much of a console gamer anymore, but my GBA-SP rules for stuff like this.

I too, have fond memories of that game. I used to play it on the NES for hours on end. The only problem I had was that after a while, the track started to look like it was going 'into' the TV (in the positive Z direction) as opposed to up (positive Y). Once that would happen to me, my eyes were like :eek: and I knew that I had to put down the controller for a while. :p

Like the lemmings we are...October 1981 (w00t for the fiscal new year)!

Back