Exchange server (xp server 2003) question

RayDaddy

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi I have a server running XP 2003 server. My boss just asked me to forward all the email from one exchange account to another. the employee quit so he wants all thier mail to go to someone else in the exchange. so instead of going to xyz@techincalprod it would go to abc@technicalprod even though it was sent to xyz@technicalprod, and then she could read it.

I don't know where to go in 2003 and how to forward the account. can anyone give me an idea of how to do this? It is nothing elaborate. we only have 25 people and jsut one sever and one exchange. it is whatever MS exchange is in windows server 2003. nothing fancy.

thanks

Go into the administrative tools -> Active directory Users -> The User-> Specific User->Properties->Exchange General Tab-> Delivery Options button-> Under Forwarding you have option Forward to, then use the email address where you want to forward the emails, and there is also option under modify, That will allow you to get email on her old address and forward also to new address (check it)

Let me know if than makes sense and thats what you wanted.

Actually Under the Delivery option you can pretty much do what ever you want and suites your needs, but that is the place where you want to play.

Ok I did that and it seemd to be fine but it is still not forwarding to the account. did I miss something? the account ahs an autoreply but the messages are not being forwarded.

any ideas?

Ok I did that and it seemd to be fine but it is still not forwarding to the account. did I miss something? the account ahs an autoreply but the messages are not being forwarded.

any ideas?

Are you JUST Forwarding? If yes then make sure don;t open the old account, also check the spelling of the forward account and make sure it is active and recieve emails (sent directly to that paticular account).

Ok i figured out why i was getting that message. The sever is full on the C drive. at the time I was having this problem I had 0 free. i freed up like 800 meg and restarted the sever and it was fine. I have a really big problem here.

I will need help.

I am going to start a new thread and explain the situation and I really could use some input on how to seamlessly do what I need.

Please look for the new post under

"My server is full or something like that from me.

Thanks

You have an easy problem.

You need to image your server then go get a bigger drive and reimage back.

If your not sure how to do this speak up. To image your server though I use Acronis True Image Server ($900) but it works like a champ and I have done exactly what you need to do.
Gave me no issues

that would be fine. but i have other issues too. They are going to require a transfer of drive. I can't defrag the drive cause there is not enough space open because the drive is a sea of red and is sooooo fragged out that i cannot defrag it. I cannot dump enough to get the needed 15% to defrag. On top of that I have a storage issue. This server is so fragged out that it is glitching the netowrk. I have to move it to a bigger drive and then defrag it and then I can fix both of my problems.

What I need help with is the actual proceedure and programs and such to image the enitre server out, then bring it back. all needs to be seamless for I cannot recreate what is here for I am not ready for that yet.

Should I start a new thread? or jsut continue this one?

I think starting another with the exact issue in the title may attract more readers and help.

what do you think?

Have you deleted all the windows update files yet? They're under c:\windows\ and show up as hidden files. They all start and end with a $. What they are kept for is to allow you to uninstall the windows updates, but you shouldn't need to uninstall updates for the most part, mostly a backout plan should an update screw up some functionality that you need. They're safe to delete and that should free up space.

What type of server is this? What's the current raid config and physical and logical hard drive configs?

that would be fine. but i have other issues too. They are going to require a transfer of drive. I can't defrag the drive cause there is not enough space open because the drive is a sea of red and is sooooo fragged out that i cannot defrag it. I cannot dump enough to get the needed 15% to defrag. On top of that I have a storage issue. This server is so fragged out that it is glitching the netowrk. I have to move it to a bigger drive and then defrag it and then I can fix both of my problems.

What I need help with is the actual proceedure and programs and such to image the enitre server out, then bring it back. all needs to be seamless for I cannot recreate what is here for I am not ready for that yet.

Should I start a new thread? or jsut continue this one?

I think starting another with the exact issue in the title may attract more readers and help.

what do you think?

Deleting crap is just a temporary solution. OK imaging works like this you run the software and it creates an exact snapshot of the machine at that moment in time down to exchange emails.
You would do the following.
Load the software
It will aks to restart so just do a shutdown.
Add new drive to machine on second SATA port or second IDE controller.
Boot machine.
Run the software and the option you want to do is CLONE hard drive.
It will ask what drive is the old drive and which one is the new drive. You pick the one to clone from and to. It will ask when you clone do you want to create the same partitions on the new disk and resize them proportionately to the new disks size. Click yes.
This will create the same paritions on the new hard drive and resize them the same % wise as your old disk.
So on the old disk if your C drive is 20% and D drive is 80% of the total space it will do the same on the new disk. This is fine because you are putting in a bigger drive so if your C drive is now 20G it will be much bigger since you have a bigger drive.
It will ask do you want to keep or destroy the data on the old drive. MAKE SURE TO PRESS KEEP
Once its done cloning you will need to restart. Shut down the machine again and pull out your old drive and put it in a safe place. Move new drive to the same port as old drive.
Start machine.
You should be good to go.

This is why we need to know what kind of box this is and how the array is configured if you have one. That solution will not work with a SCSI or SAS raid setup, it'll be quite a bit more complicated if the bootable acronis disk can't see the array.

What kind of box is this, what are the specs?

This is why we need to know what kind of box this is and how the array is configured if you have one. That solution will not work with a SCSI or SAS raid setup, it'll be quite a bit more complicated if the bootable acronis disk can't see the array.

What kind of box is this, what are the specs?

Acronis has no issues with arrays and of the 20 or so servers we have used it on it found every array. SAS may be an issue but you can create a bartpe disk.
Also since he said disk I assumed he meant one physical drive.
We definately need to know if your using an array or a single disk and make model type etc

Back