Exchange Public Folders & Spam filtering

SJConsultant

2[H]4U
I've done quite a bit of searching without much success, so here is the question:

Is there a method to configure an Exchange 2003 public folder to only accept emails from trusted domains (e.g. @domain.com) or trusted email addresses?

We are already using Exchange's built in IMF with very good results at this point, so I'd prefer using Exchange native tools rather than third party software.

You could jerry-rig it... make a real user account with the public folder's smtp address, setup your smtp restictions, then forward all email to a behind-the-scenes address that the public folder uses (but no one ever sees).

ugly, but cheap.

Correct me if I am wrong, but looking at the "delivery" restrictions of the Public Folder or User account, it does not allow for use of external SMTP addresses or domains.

Am I missing something?

I've never tried it, but if you set it to accept "only messages from" and choose your "Domain users" group, that may do it.

Fint said:
I've never tried it, but if you set it to accept "only messages from" and choose your "Domain users" group, that may do it.

Hrm.. That wouldn't appear to solve my problem since I need to filter internet email domains and not AD Domains. :(

Back