Exchange / Outlook Calendar Sharing slow

stiltner

[H]F Junkie
SBS 2003 server with Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007 client on Win7.

What happens is on occasion the user will experience delays of hours and sometimes up to a day where if the office manager puts an item on the shared calendar of the user, it just plain doesn't show up.

Eventually it will, but you can figure how a professional person (attorney) slices their time razor thin sometimes in order to bill time, that the user scheduling, and the assistant doing it overtop, can easily cause problems.

I've checked event logs, on both clients (send/receive) and also the server. Nothing. No errors, no backups in the que, mail is flowing fine, there's no other issues that would even handshake to this concept. Here's the only thing I have to go on so far, and thats that the user noticed that Outlook was going offline and back online multiple times yesterday.

Otherwise, nothing. Both users are set for Cached mode and I was going to try non cached mode. Obviously network / connectivity issues could be a problem here, replace the switch was my 2nd direction of thought.

Anyone seen this issue previously? I've Googled my ass off on this one, and everything that I've been able to read from searching is basically nobody has an explanation, and most people just suggest upgrading to 2010 for whatever reason, even though 2007 works just fine for another user on the same network with the same type of scenario.

Thanks for any insight. Exchange is really not my bread and butter, but I've run out of resources on my own and figured I'd just throw the problem into the wind.

Back