Exchange 2007 redundancy (onsite/offsite)

sithdrake

Limp Gawd
I have a client who is looking into setting up a failsafe Exchange environment. I've done a lot of research on this and I had planned to use CCR (2 HUB/CAS servers clustered and 2 Mailbox servers clustered). Now they are wondering what it would take to also have a copy of Exchange offsite in case anything happens to their building. I had wanted to use SCR but i'm seeing stuff that says CCR and SCR can't be mixed.

Am I going down the right path on this? What's the best way to accomplish this, especially with the offsite requirement?

how many users?

i wonder how something like Exchange 2007 and MXToolBox services would work. i know they have one that puts everything onto a zimbra server in cases ur exhcange goes down.

50 - 70 users. I know it's overkill and they don't really need it. But if the customer insists and is going to pay for it...

We're using SCR in our environment (about 100 mailboxes) and while it seems to be working well the failover isn't quite as seamless as I would like. As with most DR items... I hope I never have to do anything with it!

We're using SCR in our environment (about 100 mailboxes) and while it seems to be working well the failover isn't quite as seamless as I would like. As with most DR items... I hope I never have to do anything with it!

SCR is not ment to provide HA. Its for resiliency. Use CCR or SCR for HA.

Back