Exchange 2003 Hosting Multiple Doamians

oakfan52

[H]ard|Gawd
Well as you may or may not be aware there is a limitation when hosting multiple e-mail domains on an exchange 2003 server. When clients are connecting to the exchange server they can receive all the e-mail from all of the different e-mail; domains that you have setup. However, users can only send mail out their primary e-mail address. I know I can't be the only who has run into the need to have users send e-mail out6 a secondary e-mail address.

So far the two options that I have come up with are:

A) setup a second account for every user on the network (only 8-10 atm) and have all the addition e-mail addresses go on this secind mailbox. Set all the users up as pop3 clients for these addition e-mail accounts.

B) Just add the new e-mail domains to the server and setup all of their e-mail accounts as pop3 accounts.

Both options will work but it seems extremely rediculous for such a simple task.

I'm in the same boat as you, regarding my IT staff.

As it is right now, we have 3 seperate Mailboxes for our IT staff, each with a different primary SMTP address. (We have it set to deliver to an Alternate, that being their main mailbox)

Then when they need to send as someone from DomainB.com, they have to use the "From" field in outlook and choose their DomainB mailbox. Tedious.

This is something that should be fairly simple to do, but alas it isn't.

Back