Excellent Low Profile Cooler?

stinger608

Supreme [H]ardness
Have a Intel 1150 board running a 4690K chip and looking for an excellent fairly low profile air cooler for it.

Not really sure what would be a good choice.

I'd put a tall cooler on the system but it's in a pretty small ITX cube case.

I've probably got about 3 or 4 inches above the chip so I don't really need one of the real low profile coolers.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Silverstone NT-06 PRO, Noctua NH-C12P, phanteks PH-TC14CS, personally i had very good experiencie with the Silverstone NT-06 PRO and the noctua NH-C14..

Thermalright AXP-100 is quite good and small. But a cooler can only cool as the temp of air it is cooling with, so case airflow supplying air within a few degrees of ambient means much cooler CPU. Every degree warmer the air is going into cooler becomes a degree hotter CPU is.

Most of the time flat coolers perform better if fan on them is pulling air out of cooler. This is because the air going down through the cooler is heating up. Then it hits motherboard turning out, hit's RAM, GPU, etc turning up along side of cooler and it's fan where this heated air is drawn back into cooler. The only time these coolers cool well with fan flowing into them is if they have a vent very close and directly aligned with cooler so they are drawing cool air in through vent.

Back