Excel Project (Advanced)

Paully's5.0

Limp Gawd
I have a side project at work which I am trying improve a strategy behind an excel spreadsheet we use for projects. This spreadsheet is used to generate other file types we need for various software we use for the project (.csv files, .sql files xml files...etc). This makes us extremely efficient, and consistent.

The spreadsheet format and VBA that is embedded in the workbook is standard to every project, however the data contained within the spreadsheet is unique to the project. I am looking for a way to separate the data from the VBA. As we have problems with people making undocumented improvements, or breaking the VBA (which then gets copied to the next project).

Ideally, I would like to remove the VBA and turn it into an Add-In feature of Excel instead of embedding it with each project file. The project spreadsheet would only contain the unique data of the project. A user installs the Add-In VBA module to have the ability to process the data.

I have looked into Add-Ins, and on a basic level I understand the process. However, in my situation data needs to be pulled/referenced into/by the VBA Add-In from multiple cells, and multiple sheets in the unique workbook. This is where I get stuck. I can't figure out how to make Add-In VBA modules reference the various cells within the sheets of a workbook.

Can someone point me into a good direction?

Thanks!

Back