Exam 70-410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012

Puterguru

2[H]4U
Has anyone here taken this test? My employer is asking that I prepare for and take this test as a position with knowledge in this area may be needed in the future. I assume it's for an eventual MCSE or MCSA certification.

I'm giving myself 3 months to learn and take this test. I just started looking into it on Friday. So far I have Windows Server 2012 loaded into a Hyper-V environment at home and that is as far as I have gotten.

If you have taken it and passed recently, what resources did you use to get you prepared?

Thanks in advance!

Check out Pluralsight. They have a course on this.

I've taken and passed that exam. I have lots of experience with the technologies in this exam, so my studies may be different than someone with less experience.

I am currently using Udemy as a base for 70-413. I actually like the course, and would recommend it. However, it's a little expensive right now. They do sales all the time for ~$20 courses. At $20, it's a no-brainer! Here is a link to the 70-410 class from the same instructor.

You started out great by getting Server 2012 loaded on Hyper-v. Now find a course or a book that covers all the exam objectives. Take a break after each objective, or each topic in the objective, and make sure you can deploy and get it working in your lab.

In regards to 410 -- I would recommend you plan to take 411 and 412 soon after. 410 is like an overview of the technologies. 411 and 412 focus in and expand on them. If you take them as close together as possible, it will help you since they all overlap quite a bit.

The most important piece of advice I can give you is lab, lab, lab. Do *EVERYTHING* in a lab. If it's broken or doesn't work, figure it out and fix it. Look at every menu in every console and know what it does.

I've taken and passed that exam. I have lots of experience with the technologies in this exam, so my studies may be different than someone with less experience.

I am currently using Udemy as a base for 70-413. I actually like the course, and would recommend it. However, it's a little expensive right now. They do sales all the time for ~$20 courses. At $20, it's a no-brainer! Here is a link to the 70-410 class from the same instructor.

You started out great by getting Server 2012 loaded on Hyper-v. Now find a course or a book that covers all the exam objectives. Take a break after each objective, or each topic in the objective, and make sure you can deploy and get it working in your lab.

In regards to 410 -- I would recommend you plan to take 411 and 412 soon after. 410 is like an overview of the technologies. 411 and 412 focus in and expand on them. If you take them as close together as possible, it will help you since they all overlap quite a bit.

The most important piece of advice I can give you is lab, lab, lab. Do *EVERYTHING* in a lab. If it's broken or doesn't work, figure it out and fix it. Look at every menu in every console and know what it does.
Thank you.. I do have access to CBTNuggets classes for this. I will go through those, along with the Hyper-V, along with labs.. Any book recommendations from anyone?

Such a coincidence for this thread to pop up. After my semester is over with next month, I'm going to tackle the 70-410 exam also as I've set this as one of my goals this year.

Thank you.. I do have access to CBTNuggets classes for this. I will go through those, along with the Hyper-V, along with labs.. Any book recommendations from anyone?

I did not really like the CBTNuggest course for this exam. It was very high level and the instructor frequently spoke about something but never showed a demo of it. There were also lots of referrals to internet pages. If I'm watching something -- I don't want links about going to read about it. I can find that stuff myself!

I'm also half working on this. I just setup a home lab and started playing. Work had some of the CBTNuggets videos i looked at and it got me started.

a random practice exam i found online had alot of powershell stuff in it. I know very little about powershell :-( does the exam have a lot of power shell stuff?

Back