Exactly how loud is the X1900XTX?

Bop

2[H]4U
I was reading on one website that two X1900s were 70db loud!!! Is this true? When everyone said these cards were loud I though they were just "noticeable". Does anyone have a recording of how loud they are?

Don´t believe everything you read. I mean with 70dB that card would nearly damage your hearing!

All the sound mesuarements I have read have putted X1K series to the 25-40dB range depending on the state the card is in, idle or load. I have not seen any sound recording around sorry.

A vantec Tornado makes about 50db, and afaik those are the loudest fans you can buy. So there's no way that the X1900XTX is making anywhere near 70db.

Also, the card is not even going to audible when your not playing in 3D, so as long as you game with headphones I can't understand this even being an issue.

I run a 120cfm Sunon exhaust fan, so I don't think I'm even gonna notice mine when it arrives.....

Well, if you turn up the fan all the way, it is one of the loudest items around. If 50 db represents normal sound levels at home,and a normal conversation is 60 db, I could see 70 db with the fan at 100%. It is obtrusively loud. But, since it will never hit 100% on the fan, those may have been theoretical limits. I would say 40 db is the normal sound at 3D load. Still too loud, but not that bad.

My X1900XTX doesnt make any noise.... :p

yay for wcing.

I couldnt stand the stock fan, very glad that I am watercooling it. Idle isnt bad, but load is deafening, well... not quite....

I don't game with headphones so it may be an issue :(

Is it as loud as 5800 FX? Any comparison to another grapics card? My antec 80mm case fan is about 30db and I find it to be a little loud. Keep in mind I'll be running two of the cards if I do get them.

Its loud, the problem is the chip is hot, really hot, its a design flaw me thinks that ATI aitn gonna admit lol, to make sure it dont have to go so how in fan speed is to make sure the heat trranfer between the heatsink and chip is good.

Someone had a review about lapping it and it had really good results even with no fan beinf turned on.

Hmm I may get 2 7900GTX Superclocked cards if that is the case. Been going back and forth between ATi and nVidia :(

EDIT: I've been looking at the Accelero X2, reviews seem good but does any here have experience with them? I'm thinking about getting one and wiping off the thermal pad and applying AS5. Is there any problem with the shims on the card like back with the 9800 Pro?

Bop said:
Hmm I may get 2 7900GTX Superclocked cards if that is the case. Been going back and forth between ATi and nVidia :(

EDIT: I've been looking at the Accelero X2, reviews seem good but does any here have experience with them? I'm thinking about getting one and wiping off the thermal pad and applying AS5. Is there any problem with the shims on the card like back with the 9800 Pro?
If ordered an accelero, will let you know how it goes.
Theres also a water cooling block by thermal take you can use, costs about £50 or somert tho.

Back