Ex-Uncharted Developer Alleges Sexual Harassment at Naughty Dog

If a woman sexually harassed me I would frighten her to the point that she would never attempt to do it again. As men THAT SHOULDN'T BE VERY HARD TO ACCOMPLISH.

If a man sexually harassed me I would beat his fucking ass.

In either case, no civil action required. They wouldn't do it again.

Well if you went about it this way here is what would happen... The woman would fire you, rightfully claim you physically threatened her and you would very likely never work in whatever industry you where in again, until you move far enough away, Even then for many industries far enough away is impossible.

In the case of a male whom whos ass you just beat... same outcome with the addition of criminal charges that would almost for sure make it hard for you to work in ANY industry again when you are forced to check YES in the box that asks if you have any criminal convictions in your past.

Bottom line is... if your intelligent, you would come to the exact same conclusion I just typed on your own and shut your mouth. Hence why these types of things will always exist. There will always be some asshole willing to abuse their power over subordinates as in general they can get away with it, as far to many of us believe it couldn't happen to me cause I am special and victims are weak.

You're right - and I apologize for my blatant ignorance, obviously as this has not happened to me in my life I can't really comment the same as someone as yourself who has experienced.

That being said, I'm glad as fuck I took a remote job this year. Never going back.

The smartest thing you've said this thread.

Size and strength mean nothing, you know nothing of the other posters on this thread (for example I'm 6"6', 260lbs and have been an mma sparring partner for 10 years). I've been harassed in the work place and on the street, experienced annoyance and threatening situations. Unlike you I realize how it would look if a white male my size took action with my own hands.

I have an 'asshole' friend who you sound alot like that did just that and lost his job, liscence to practice, and turned his life into a train wreck even though she sexually assaulted him.

They did you a favour by teaching you a man can't play a womans game.

"I'm speaking out now because of the strength I've seen in others coming forward about their experiences in the TV/Film industry."

That's such a deluded view. There is no strength there, it's a damn real collusion of a conspiracy. Those bitches didn't complain when that wienstien guy was making them famous. Now they've face planted the wall they need something to dig up and destroy a man over. Plus everyone knew what he was doing, they are not "surprised to hear" as a lot of them are saying, it's just the tip of the iceberg on how Hollywood is, they're all deviants, and what is the game industry connected to?

Reports started as early as 2004 with lawsuits in 2010. So actually, yes they did complain but no one listened.

Wow, I'm detecting some really misogynistic attitudes here, you pathetic man-babies....what's that you say? It's a male?

What was the harassment? He doesn't specify and comes out after 17 months of unemployment...
Also, Sony stated they have no record of the incident, and $20K to silence him?
That's a huge amount of money. I'd take it, dude is crazy for not taking it, if they really offered it. Whatever the "harassment" was, it couldn't of been THAT bad.

Seems this actually happened to him, or, he is coming up with an excuse to use a sympathy card and get employment elsewhere.

Responses like yours are the reason why more people DON'T come forward. It is perfectly normal for someone who has been abused not to come forward immediately, for many reasons, and you have no idea how bad the alleged harassment was at all.

Women have this problem WAY worse than men do and honestly I haven't even really seen it get much better for them, it's still a huge issue. That is part of why I consider MEN being sexually harassed in the workplace so silly. Think about if you were a woman. How much worse it would be. A lot.

you most deff are a part of the problem.

ever thought that its not impossible to get drugged and ass raped by a psychotic person. So much for "i'm a big tuff guy that intimidates everyone" then. But as it appears, you're not great in the grey matter department. But i bet you can lift heavy things!

If a woman sexually harassed me I would frighten her to the point that she would never attempt to do it again. As men THAT SHOULDN'T BE VERY HARD TO ACCOMPLISH.

If a man sexually harassed me I would beat his fucking ass.

In either case, no civil action required. They wouldn't do it again.

I think you'd soon find the world doesn't work that way.

My problem with the whole "sexual harassment" bit is these days the term is so generic a off color joke qualifies. So before I get on the side of anyone I need more details. I mean according to today's overly PC culture I've been sexually harassed numerous times in the work place, except I found it funny and laughed. Also quite frankly I'm tired of the decades old harassment allegations. There needs to be a statute of limitations on stuff like this. Frankly if it isn't reported within a couple of years (And that is being super generous) then I am inclined to believe it didn't bother you nearly as much as you claim and are just gold digging at this point.

Reactions: Meeho
like this
Make millions to get a physical? Sign me up!

I'd find a way to get it on video or audio and use it against him later in court.
THIS. Why does no one record the harassment if it's repeated? You win automatically, whether it's with HR, or a lawsuit. After it happens the first time, I'd have my phone armed to record every time I go in in case it happened again.

THIS. Why does no one record the harassment if it's repeated? You win automatically, whether it's with HR, or a lawsuit. After it happens the first time, I'd have my phone armed to record every time I go in in case it happened again.

The one time I experienced sexual harassment, cell phones weren't nearly as common as they are today, and no where near as capable.

You're right - I forget that I'm on a gaming/hardware forum. I guess I'll just keep my mouth shut and stick to talking about the stuff this site represents. I am actually "more in shape" than Terry Crews @ 6'2 220lbs and I've never had anyone in my entire life make me feel threatened or violated in any way, shape or form. Maybe the fact that I give off the general vibe that I am an asshole and won't take shit from people helps me in that regard.

That being said - I don't think we'll see a march of men prostesting sexual harassment in the workplace anytime soon, and likely just more of the same "getting laughed out of the HR office".

Women have this problem WAY worse than men do and honestly I haven't even really seen it get much better for them, it's still a huge issue. That is part of why I consider MEN being sexually harassed in the workplace so silly. Think about if you were a woman. How much worse it would be. A lot.

Look out guys, we've got a bad-ass over here!

When I was a kid, about 20. I had a job in an HR department. I was the only male in an office full of 30-40 females young and old. The harassment was real, and constant. It wouldn't let it happen now, but then again, I'm a 37 year old man, so I'm not vulnerable any more, so it wouldn't likely happen, because I'm not an easy mark.

Sexual harassment has little to do with sex and more to do with bullying and assertion of power and control. But I guess, hur hur, I should have been grateful to have a 55 year old HR manager hag that signed my timesheets trying to grab my arse when I went to the filing cabinets eh? How do I tell my girlfriend and parents without looking like a fucking pussy hur hur hur.

Yeah, you have no fucking idea. It happens ALL the time to a LOT more men than you'd thing. If society is going to bend over backwards and support women in this, then they should support men too. They're not all rambo-reincarnate like yourself fending off female rapists left and right with swift karate chops.

The one time I experienced sexual harassment, cell phones weren't nearly as common as they are today, and no where near as capable.
Not to mention, recording private conversations without proper consent is illegal.

Not to mention, recording private conversations without proper consent is illegal.

Actually, that depends on the state. Federal law is with the consent of one person in the party, or, the recorder.

Eleven states require the consent of every party to a phone call or conversation in order to make the recording lawful. These "two-party consent" laws have been adopted in California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.
Source

In a one-party consent state the person doing the recording would already have "proper consent," which is what I wrote. Besides, Naughty Dog is in Santa Monica.

An illegally recorded conversation would be inadmissible in court so it wouldn't help in any way and more likely result in criminal charges against you so it wouldn't be remotely close to the best thing to do.

In a one-party consent state the person doing the recording would already have "proper consent," which is what I wrote. Besides, Naughty Dog is in Santa Monica.

An illegally recorded conversation would be inadmissible in court so it wouldn't help in any way and more likely result in criminal charges against you so it wouldn't be remotely close to the best thing to do.
It MAY not play in court, but at least you get leverage, which can help avoid getting railroaded.

How would you have any leverage if the evidence can't be admitted anywhere?

More importantly, *why* would you do it if you were going to get charged with a felony?

This is right kids, many of us started working in the days before cell phones became pocket computers. Also I feel old now.

The worst part of this is they are saying it's Men men men and men need to be held accountable and we need to make sure we call out all men and it's completely their fault.

I've been sexually assaulted at work physically full on had my ass grabbed by a married woman after she gave her letter of resignation with a "I've wanted to do this for a long time", had one mustached boss drag me into a meeting room stand with her arms behind her back in front of the door chest out telling me I was very very insubordinate in a "off the record" meeting and then proceeded to stand there same position after I asked to leave.

And in public

Had a large woman pin me against a wall and shove her tongue in my throat
Had my business full on grabbed and squeezed by a girl in Vegas...thinking I was her BF
Had my business full on grabbed intentionally in a bar

I think something like 1 in 2 men are sexually assaulted as well, apparently I took 5 more for the team, but that gets completely swept under the rug.

First 2 replies to this thread, are the reason why Weinstein got away with this for so long.

With that said, no evidence is being offered, so hopefully we can see others speak up if true.
The reason he got away with it is because most of the women decided they would rather be whores and take the money/job instead of going to authorities. That is ok, though, I would also have taken millions to watch a disgusting fart jack off in front of me. Hell, I would've even helped him. But you lose the right to come out years later and complain about it.

Its pretty clear to me that both of you cant understand the concept of rocking the boat results in you being ignored and then being thrown out into the garbage. If this Weinstein situation had not occurred, I doubt anyone would be speaking out, for fear of risking their career and future for nothing more than to be ignored and ostracized. These attitudes are the reason why this goes on and on, without ever being stopped.
Some did speak out, went to the police and got back there with an official recorder. You know, the proper and timely action.

Indeed. This was back in 1997 or 1998.
No recording equipment existed before cell phones. It was basically stone age.

Look out guys, we've got a bad-ass over here!

When I was a kid, about 20. I had a job in an HR department. I was the only male in an office full of 30-40 females young and old. The harassment was real, and constant. It wouldn't let it happen now, but then again, I'm a 37 year old man, so I'm not vulnerable any more, so it wouldn't likely happen, because I'm not an easy mark.

Sexual harassment has little to do with sex and more to do with bullying and assertion of power and control. But I guess, hur hur, I should have been grateful to have a 55 year old HR manager hag that signed my timesheets trying to grab my arse when I went to the filing cabinets eh? How do I tell my girlfriend and parents without looking like a fucking pussy hur hur hur.

Yeah, you have no fucking idea. It happens ALL the time to a LOT more men than you'd thing. If society is going to bend over backwards and support women in this, then they should support men too. They're not all rambo-reincarnate like yourself fending off female rapists left and right with swift karate chops.

The difference between some of us and you is I don't consider a female in the office grabbing my ass sexual harassment. That has happened to me more times than I can count, I honestly find it funny.

The difference between some of us and you is I don't consider a female in the office grabbing my ass sexual harassment.
the problem with that is.. the law does not agree. And the law is enforced (or in this case, should be) no matter the gender. But apparently you are also apart of the problem because you seem to think women get a special treatment pass and men should just laugh it off.

It is the exact same reason why women can physically abuse a male and totally get away with it not only under the law but also socially because if the man protects himself and retaliates after the fact, he is a women abuser. If he doesn't.. he's a pussy and shunned by wider society. All of which are completely illogical conclusions with no rational and zero single standards application. Especially considering women wanted "equality" 100 years ago. They still don't have it yet.. it has to be lowered quite a ways.

The difference between some of us and you is I don't consider a female in the office grabbing my ass sexual harassment. That has happened to me more times than I can count, I honestly find it funny.

How wonderful for you! I didn't. Does that mean it's fine for them to assume it's OK?

the problem with that is.. the law does not agree. And the law is enforced (or in this case, should be) no matter the gender. But apparently you are also apart of the problem because you seem to think women get a special treatment pass and men should just laugh it off.

It is the exact same reason why women can physically abuse a male and totally get away with it not only under the law but also socially because if the man protects himself and retaliates after the fact, he is a women abuser. If he doesn't.. he's a pussy and shunned by wider society. All of which are completely illogical conclusions with no rational and zero single standards application. Especially considering women wanted "equality" 100 years ago. They still don't have it yet.. it has to be lowered quite a ways.

Actually if you look at my post history here you will see I most certainly do not give women a free pass and am one of the bigger advocates of actual equality, not "convenient equality". I do like how you try and associate grab ass with physical abuse though.

How wonderful for you! I didn't. Does that mean it's fine for them to assume it's OK?
Assume no, I'm just saying you are making a huge issue out of nothing. Or let me put this another way. What if the woman in question had been a hot 20 year old. Would it have bothered you then? I don't want your answer, that is an answer you can only honestly answer in your own head. If the answer is what I presume it is then that puts you into the same category as the women who scream sexual harassment when the advances are from someone they don't deem attractive and thus my entire problem with the system in the first place. If your answer remains the same than honestly you are probably a little overly sensitive, it is your ass..not your dick.

Last edited:
The worst part of this is they are saying it's Men men men and men need to be held accountable and we need to make sure we call out all men and it's completely their fault.

I've been sexually assaulted at work physically full on had my ass grabbed by a married woman after she gave her letter of resignation with a "I've wanted to do this for a long time", had one mustached boss drag me into a meeting room stand with her arms behind her back in front of the door chest out telling me I was very very insubordinate in a "off the record" meeting and then proceeded to stand there same position after I asked to leave.

And in public

Had a large woman pin me against a wall and shove her tongue in my throat
Had my business full on grabbed and squeezed by a girl in Vegas...thinking I was her BF
Had my business full on grabbed intentionally in a bar

I think something like 1 in 2 men are sexually assaulted as well, apparently I took 5 more for the team, but that gets completely swept under the rug.
Teh humblebrags:D

Seriously, women get away with a LOT. The women at my job speak some unimaginable filth. I decline to even reply sometimes, as I know I'll be the one to end up in HR. Yesterday, my office mate described teaching someone she worked with in her old department how to make herself squirt. They also grope each other like it's nothing. I have to bite my tongue almost daily, as my "dirty old man" mouth and thinking could get me in all sorts of trouble.

Teh humblebrags:D

Seriously, women get away with a LOT. The women at my job speak some unimaginable filth. I decline to even reply sometimes, as I know I'll be the one to end up in HR. Yesterday, my office mate described teaching someone she worked with in her old department how to make herself squirt. They also grope each other like it's nothing. I have to bite my tongue almost daily, as my "dirty old man" mouth and thinking could get me in all sorts of trouble.

Married woman my coworker witnessed and she just started laughing like crazy.
Even when I tell women these stories they laugh, it's funny when the other party isn't viewed as physically imposing apparently.

Woman finds you hot = "flirting"
Woman finds you not = "sexual harrassment"

This isn't true. You can ask a woman out at work. Your odds of success increase if you are polite and friendly about it. However, if you are turned down that needs to be the end of it. If you initiate unsolicited physical contact and you start acting creepy or perverse, then you are looking at probable termination for sexual harassment.

This isn't true. You can ask a woman out at work. Your odds of success increase if you are polite and friendly about it. However, if you are turned down that needs to be the end of it. If you initiate unsolicited physical contact and you start acting creepy or perverse, then you are looking at probable termination for sexual harassment.
He may have oversimplified it, but i agree with him. I've seen women let men they like get away with stuff any other guy would get slapped for. Maybe not in a work environment, but definitely socially.

He may have oversimplified it, but i agree with him. I've seen women let men they like get away with stuff any other guy would get slapped for. Maybe not in a work environment, but definitely socially.

It isn't about getting away with anything. Essentially, you can ask a woman out socially, but beyond that anything else is totally inappropriate for a work environment. Even if she doesn't find your actions objectionable, anything non-professional in the work place is playing with fire.

It isn't about getting away with anything. Essentially, you can ask a woman out socially, but beyond that anything else is totally inappropriate for a work environment. Even if she doesn't find your actions objectionable, anything non-professional in the work place is playing with fire.
I agree, I think his point was more that there is a double standard, and that SOME women abuse this for their benefit.

You're right - I forget that I'm on a gaming/hardware forum. I guess I'll just keep my mouth shut and stick to talking about the stuff this site represents. I am actually "more in shape" than Terry Crews @ 6'2 220lbs and I've never had anyone in my entire life make me feel threatened or violated in any way, shape or form. Maybe the fact that I give off the general vibe that I am an asshole and won't take shit from people helps me in that regard.

That being said - I don't think we'll see a march of men prostesting sexual harassment in the workplace anytime soon, and likely just more of the same "getting laughed out of the HR office".

Who care how big and tough you think you are. They are plenty of people in the world that could kick the living shit out of you. If one of those sexually harasses you it sounds like your screwed.

I agree, I think his point was more that there is a double standard, and that SOME women abuse this for their benefit.

Absolutely. I once had to review security camera video based on claims that some guy sexually harassed some woman. The video actually cleared the guy of any wrong doing. She was making shit up and it was her that ended up out on her ass. Had we not had security video of the incident, the administration where I worked would likely have sided with her instead of the guy, despite zero evidence.

Alpha and beta are such a stupid concept based on flawed data. also your part of the problem, men should not have to hide things just to be 'Alpha'.

You have no idea where I was coming from but I was quite vague in my statement, so you can get off of "you're part of the problem" high horse bullshit.

I think its infinitely stupid to NOT say anything about it, for the simple fact you are letting someone get away with something done to you.
Some of you are blaming people's position of power or their careers will be ruined....do people not know what they means when that decision is made?

Their (the person committing the assault) power and the victim's job/money is MORE important than the so called offense against the victim.

As soon as a person touches you against your will it is up to YOU to do something about it (unless it is witnessed), that is the truth in the matter.

When people have something done to them and they chose not to act then that is their fault. Sadly, it IS kind of bullshit when someone comes out years later saying "oh so-and-so touched me in the workplace years ago" when they had a chance to do something then. Their job/money and other people's thoughts are more important to them than seeking justice.

And that's all I hear people saying in this thread, I could've lost my job/they wouldn't have believed me. So fucking what? If it was THAT fucking traumatic to you you would have done something about it but your job was more important to you and you did nothing.

THAT is what I meant when I said beta.

Back