Ex-Google CEO: China Will Cause the Internet to Split in Two by 2028

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Due to China’s growing wealth and influence, former Google CEO Eric Schmidt predicts the internet will be split into a Chinese-led internet and non-Chinese internet led by America in 10 to 15 years. Despite the country’s potential to show “fantastic leadership in products and services,” Schmidt warns that China’s government, which is obsessed with censorship and control, will have a dangerous influence on the web.

If you think of China as like 'Oh yeah, they're good with the Internet,' you're missing the point. Globalization means that they get to play too. I think you're going to see fantastic leadership in products and services from China. There's a real danger that along with those products and services comes a different leadership regime from government, with censorship, controls, etc.

"There's a real danger that along with those products and services comes a different leadership regime from government, with censorship, controls, etc." says the man who doesn't give two shits about privacy and wanted to exploit all data to enrich ad services.... but then gets in a hissy fit when his info is published for all to see.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/12/google-ceo-eric-schmidt-dismisses-privacy

Personally I think it's just awfully convenient to blame China for all the spying/censorship/etc that may come to the internet *snicker*, the reality is governments around the world for the most part already do it in some fashion, maybe a little less on the censorship than others, but the whole tying your phone number to a google search that you do, yeah the US just found ways to do that without making it so public.

Schmidt was asked in that same article if he feels bad for all the evil sh*t google is doing and it went like this:

A business development leader with Facebook, Ime Archebong, asked Schmidt if large tech companies are doing enough good in the world.

Schmidt replied: "The judge of this is others, not us. Self-referential conversations about 'Do I feel good about what I'm doing?' are not very helpful. The judge is outside."

Wow, so he basically said he isn’t capable of feeling bad about anything (pyschopath) and it’s up to the public to stop him.

We have literally crossed into the comic book villain realm.

Due to China’s growing wealth and influence, former Google CEO Eric Schmidt predicts the internet will be split into a Chinese-led internet and non-Chinese internet led by America in 10 to 15 years. Despite the country’s potential to show “fantastic leadership in products and services,” Schmidt warns that China’s government, which is obsessed with censorship and control, will have a dangerous influence on the web.

If you think of China as like 'Oh yeah, they're good with the Internet,' you're missing the point. Globalization means that they get to play too. I think you're going to see fantastic leadership in products and services from China. There's a real danger that along with those products and services comes a different leadership regime from government, with censorship, controls, etc.

So amusing. Governments are the only ones censoring and controlling content? LOL. Look in the damn mirror.

Schmidt was asked in that same article if he feels bad for all the evil sh*t google is doing and it went like this:

A business development leader with Facebook, Ime Archebong, asked Schmidt if large tech companies are doing enough good in the world.

Schmidt replied: "The judge of this is others, not us. Self-referential conversations about 'Do I feel good about what I'm doing?' are not very helpful. The judge is outside."

Wow, so he basically said he isn’t capable of feeling bad about anything (pyschopath) and it’s up to the public to stop him.

You know when I look at that picture and his comments I see two things.

1. I see a Dumb assed individual who still believes that you can do business in China on an equal level.
2. I see a Rich Dumb Ass Social path that I have had to deal with that type of people for many of year.

I..... HATE..... them....
They have no soul. They do not think of others. These are the same assholes that go over to China thinking that they are all going to get far richer than they are before and the end result the MAJORITY of the time is the Chinese Government gets hold of their IP's and copy it.

I have had to first hand stop dealing business over there. I will NOT risk my IP's. I will NOT Risk them producing overstock and selling in the Shadow Economy. And I was just wanting to get certain things printed. Simple Gaming components.

These corporate assholes that I loathe

are the people that help China be what China is now. A totalitarian government That IS Big Brother.

I want you to listen carefully to the next video.. There will be comments that are the core reason why China is the way it is. China... It's entire culture is based on Greed. Money is power above all. They cover and show what it is like to live in China. One of these people is getting ready to leave China because of what is happening over there.
Go look at these guys sites.

Again look at both of these guys sites. And get informed.

Let's do this - Two separate internet(s) - sounds great. One for Russia and China, the other for the rest of the world. Then we don't get hacked nearly as much.

No one really interacts with or cares about what goes on the internet is China now anyway.

"Due to Google’s growing wealth and influence, former Google CEO Eric Schmidt predicts the internet will be split into a Google-led internet and non-Google internet led by Apple in 10 to 15 years."

FTFY

If he said "Yes.... Blah blah reasons, blah our intent blah, blah, explanations, blah.".... You would rip him a new asshole AND have specific statements of his on which to base that ripping.

He is NOT saying that he can't and doesn't judge himself (e.g. psychopath territory). He is saying there is no point in him talking about those things publicly because people like you are going to judge him regardless.

Is there ANY answer he could have given that wouldn't have had you jumping down his throat? Of course not. This is why there is no reason for him to make such a statement.

If someone commits a crime would you ask them to judge themselves? No? So what exactly is your problem with him saying that since the rest of the world would like to judge him it is pointless for him to judge himself PUBLICLY?

In private he of course should and may or may not judge himself, but you can not take from this statement that he does or does not do so privately (the psychopath thing you are talking about), because he is only refusing to answer the question because there is no reason to do so when he will be judged regardless.

This American China obsession is getting real old. I guess its nothing new.. decaying empire afraid of a surging one... ahh love is in the air! just hope we decay nicely not turmoil-war style. Humans done enough of the moronic crap that is war.

This American China obsession is getting real old. I guess its nothing new.. decaying empire afraid of a surging one... ahh love is in the air! just hope we decay nicely not turmoil-war style. Humans done enough of the moronic crap that is war.

Do not go gentle into that good night

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas, 1914 - 1953

It's about a free (relatively) Country standing a against an oppressive one. Try a list of BANNED SITES to get an idea of how China works to deny it's people factual knowledge to keep it's oppressive government in place. (if you can pull it up from where you're at)

There is nothing more dangerous than 1.4 Billion clueless people running around with Propaganda flowing in their brains,

Those are some disgusting videos, god damn. I knew it was bad, but fuck me that's unacceptable.

How long before China is the next Auschwitz?

You know when I look at that picture and his comments I see two things.

1. I see a Dumb assed individual who still believes that you can do business in China on an equal level.
2. I see a Rich Dumb Ass Social path that I have had to deal with that type of people for many of year.

I..... HATE..... them....
They have no soul. They do not think of others. These are the same assholes that go over to China thinking that they are all going to get far richer than they are before and the end result the MAJORITY of the time is the Chinese Government gets hold of their IP's and copy it.

I have had to first hand stop dealing business over there. I will NOT risk my IP's. I will NOT Risk them producing overstock and selling in the Shadow Economy. And I was just wanting to get certain things printed. Simple Gaming components.

These corporate assholes that I loathe

are the people that help China be what China is now. A totalitarian government That IS Big Brother.

I want you to listen carefully to the next video.. There will be comments that are the core reason why China is the way it is. China... It's entire culture is based on Greed. Money is power above all. They cover and show what it is like to live in China. One of these people is getting ready to leave China because of what is happening over there.
Go look at these guys sites.

Again look at both of these guys sites. And get informed.

Increasing control on the internet is like tightening your grip on water.

Back