Evolve PS4 gameplay

Looks really good looks next gen anyway....

reminds me of Left for Dead

Borderlands

Monster Hunter

and

Brink

Looks really good looks next gen anyway....

reminds me of Left for Dead

Borderlands

Monster Hunter

and

Brink

It's by the L4D creators.

4 player co-op each with a unique class.

A 5th player controls the creatures.

Nice. Almost looks like the next Turok.

Think the flame eyes is a bit excessive though.

Looks really fun. Almost like AvP Predator Hunt or something, concept wise, but also with the monster getting stronger the longer it goes on.

Damn this looks fantastic. This is like a game I've always wanted but I didn't realize it.

Always thought this idea for mutliplayer was far more entertaining then the usual overly equal footing competitive atmosphere.

Dark sector, far cry instincts, the hidden had similar modes of multiplayer.

Looks like it would be killer for a lan party.

Its like Giants: Citizen Kabuto with a Gears of war paint job and TF2 Mechanics :D

Not 100% sure but looked like there was some shared footage between the PS4 and PC demo.. Wonder what hardware it was actually running on.

But it does. This game wouldn't like that if it was made for PC/PS3.

It would look like that on PC. A PS4 is basically an upgrade from the PS3; hence why its silly to call it a "generation"

Last edited:
Right, it's an upgrade from the PS3 just like the PS1 to the PS2 to the PS3, so it's next gen. That's what the PS4 is. Lol. If the next generation of consoles weren't involved then they wouldn't have put as much work into the textures. Why put in the extra time to make it look a million times better than the PS3 could ever do?

Because cost and time. The PS4 is capable of more, so it allows for a time and cost friendly transition of the PC version and vice versa.

You must have been absent from console ports for the last 5 years.

Because cost and time. The PS4 is capable of more, so it allows for a time and cost friendly transition of the PC version and vice versa.

You must have been absent from console ports for the last 5 years.

That right there is the reason why consoles ruin the gaming industry. Why should all games have to be limited to the least powerful device?

That right there is the reason why consoles ruin the gaming industry. Why should all games have to be limited to the least powerful device?

PC wouldnt be getting games period, if it werent for the Console industry.

PC is awash with shity indie games. Getting any AAA title to PC is like pulling teeth, minus your very few staples on PC.

PC is awash with shity indie games. Getting any AAA title to PC is like pulling teeth, minus your very few staples on PC.

Please tell me your not acutally serious about whatever you just said here.....

This is an astonishingly ignorant/shortsighted stance.. In my opinion it's the exact opposite... Gaming innovation stems from the PC for one really basic reason, it's an open environment both in terms of development tools and hardware evolution.

Console gaming would not exist in it's current incarnation if it were not for the hardware and software advances made in the PC industry.

Sure, you get some shitty games, but you get the revolutionary ones too.

Getting back to the actual topic of Evolve, I have to say I'm liking the dynamic of 'the monster'. Interesting having to roam the map, using stealth and cunning at first, consuming and absorbing the hostile fauna to gain in power. Almost reminds me of The Thing ever so slightly, even if not quite the same. I think this is the sort of game that I've been hoping for, for a while.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, it seems almost like a Giants: Citizen Kabuto system with the monster, where you are tiny and weak at first, and have to kill/eat NPC (or player) enemies in order to get larger and stronger.

A PS4 is basically an upgrade from the PS3; hence why its silly to call it a "generation"

Entirely different architechture from Cell's PPC to the current x86 one, so calling it "basically an upgrade" is more or less the same as calling an i5+270 an upgraded iPad.

Also whether you like the concept or not due to the fixed nature of console´s hardware there is quite some graphical leap from one set of them to the next, and that is why each leap is notorious and different enough such that games are massed under the Generation banner.

Still, even inside each Generation there is an evolution in knowledge of the fixed hardware nuances and new algorithms are designed to exploit them and that is why even on the fixed hardware people can see visual advances through the console's life.

Played the hell out of Giants back in the day. Always wanted to get ahold of the promotional Elsa Geforce 3 Enhanced version.

The Monster even kinda looks like a Kabuto.. Nostalgia high.. Hope its as good as it looks.

Edit:
Ah snap, never saw the last patch, 1.5, for Giants. These guys also have the Enhanced patches/map packs etc.. Must setup... dedicated.. server..
http://www.giantswd.org/?file=60

Last edited:
i'd buy it, but i don't have 4 other friends to play it. Playing L4D online with random people was frustrating no teamwork. We should get a team of [H] players to play this

I got into the PC Alpha that starts tomorrow. I've been watching a lot of gameplay and the E3 competition; it looks very fun. The alpha this weekend will solidify my decision on whether I'll preorder the game or not.

Back