Evolve Alpha sign up is LIVE!

no one knows how to sign up for the PC beta?...or has that info not been released yet

no one knows how to sign up for the PC beta?...or has that info not been released yet

chances are you're already in :p

http://steamcommunity.com/games/273350/announcements/detail/245776968860111660

In only 10 days starting on January 16th, we’ll be holding a smaller closed Evolve technical test on PC.
If you were invited to the Big Alpha on PC, you will have access to these closed technical tests as well.
And if you already own Left 4 Dead or BioShock Infinite in your Steam library you can participate in the closed technical test, which is limited in scope and will not include Evacuation or have Hunter and Monster unlocks carry over to Evolve’s launch.

I read that before but it still doesn't tell you how to sign up...I didn't play the Alpha but I own Bioshock Infinite...so the game will be available on Steam as a demo/beta for eligible users to download on January 16th?

It seems you do not need to sign up for anything. If you are eligible, it will likely just show up in your steam beta's available list to try out. Or in the Library with the available until counter.

After playing the alpha/beta I would never shell out 60 bucks for this game. I think 20 dollars would be a good asking price considering the gameplay etc. I personally found this game very shallow and boring.

I'm surprised the game is using CryEngine...the setting of the game does not make best use of this engine's strengths...they would have been better off going with Unreal Engine for this

Game looks interesting but their pricing is out of control.

Get Behemoth for free in the Monster Expansion Pack by pre-ordering Evolve today, or purchase him separately for $14.99 when he becomes available as downloadable content this Spring.

Evolve Hunting Season Pass*

• Includes four new playable Hunter characters available this spring, one in each class: Assault, Trapper, Medic, and Support;
  • Includes three Monster skins at launch, exclusive to the Evolve Hunting Season Pass: Magma Goliath, Magma Kraken, and Magma Wraith;
  • The Evolve Hunting Season Pass contains $29.96 of content for $24.99;
  • The four playable Hunter characters will be available for purchase individually outside of the Evolve Hunting Season Pass for $7.49 each.

Evolve Digital Deluxe Edition

• The Evolve Digital Deluxe Edition is available for pre-purchase now as a digital download for Xbox One and Windows PC, and will be available soon for PlayStation®4 system;
  • Includes Evolve main game and the Evolve Hunting Season Pass;
  • The Evolve Digital Deluxe Edition contains $89.95 of content for $79.99;
  • Players who pre-purchase Evolve or the Evolve Digital Deluxe Edition will also receive the Monster Expansion Pack free, which includes Behemoth, the fourth playable Monster character, this spring, and the Savage Goliath Skin at launch.
Evolve PC Monster Race Edition

• The Evolve PC Monster Race Edition is available for pre-purchase now as a digital download for Windows PC from participating retailers;
  • Includes Evolve main game, the Evolve Hunting Season Pass, and additional content when it becomes available after launch: a fifth playable Monster character, two additional playable Hunter characters, and four Monster skins that will be available exclusively to those who purchase the Evolve PC Monster Race Edition for 30 days;
  • The Evolve PC Monster Race Edition contains $131.88 of content for $99.99;
  • Players who pre-purchase the Evolve PC Monster Race Edition will also receive the Monster Expansion Pack free, which includes Behemoth, the fourth playable Monster character, this spring, and the Savage Goliath Skin at launch.

Game looks interesting but their pricing is out of control.

Get Behemoth for free in the Monster Expansion Pack by pre-ordering Evolve today, or purchase him separately for $14.99 when he becomes available as downloadable content this Spring.

Evolve Hunting Season Pass*

• Includes four new playable Hunter characters available this spring, one in each class: Assault, Trapper, Medic, and Support;
  • Includes three Monster skins at launch, exclusive to the Evolve Hunting Season Pass: Magma Goliath, Magma Kraken, and Magma Wraith;
  • The Evolve Hunting Season Pass contains $29.96 of content for $24.99;
  • The four playable Hunter characters will be available for purchase individually outside of the Evolve Hunting Season Pass for $7.49 each.

Evolve Digital Deluxe Edition

• The Evolve Digital Deluxe Edition is available for pre-purchase now as a digital download for Xbox One and Windows PC, and will be available soon for PlayStation®4 system;
  • Includes Evolve main game and the Evolve Hunting Season Pass;
  • The Evolve Digital Deluxe Edition contains $89.95 of content for $79.99;
  • Players who pre-purchase Evolve or the Evolve Digital Deluxe Edition will also receive the Monster Expansion Pack free, which includes Behemoth, the fourth playable Monster character, this spring, and the Savage Goliath Skin at launch.
Evolve PC Monster Race Edition

• The Evolve PC Monster Race Edition is available for pre-purchase now as a digital download for Windows PC from participating retailers;
  • Includes Evolve main game, the Evolve Hunting Season Pass, and additional content when it becomes available after launch: a fifth playable Monster character, two additional playable Hunter characters, and four Monster skins that will be available exclusively to those who purchase the Evolve PC Monster Race Edition for 30 days;
  • The Evolve PC Monster Race Edition contains $131.88 of content for $99.99;
  • Players who pre-purchase the Evolve PC Monster Race Edition will also receive the Monster Expansion Pack free, which includes Behemoth, the fourth playable Monster character, this spring, and the Savage Goliath Skin at launch.

fuckin jaysus H DLC really is destroying gaming

Wait, the third monster and 4 other hunters are paid DLC? If so that is a fucking joke, because I am pretty sure they said those were shipping with the base game.

Either way this reeks of a money grab. $15 for one monster? LOL.

Last edited:
this game should be $29.99- $39.99 max but since it's 2K Games publishing it they feel they have to charge $59.99...same thing with Bethesda- Evil Within should have been priced lower...the price is based solely on the publisher's name recognition and not the quality of the game itself

I think it's mainly because the going rate for AAA releases is $59.99, and they can usually get away with it.

Welcome to the new age of gaming boys. Vote with your wallets but the developers still won't give two shits

I think when they multiplatform games the DLC is going to suck cause they can milk it for what it's worth on the consoles offering next to nothing for content due to space restrictions on the consoles hard drive ect...This game would be cool if they had interesting environments besides being in the wilderness.

Soo.... obligatory?

5lGCoKd.jpg

Downloading closed beta tech demo whatever thingy now. We'll see if it's any better with my new rig / a more updated build.

Just a heads up, if you own Bioshock:Infinite, L4D or participated in the Big Alpha you should have access to the closed beta which goes live on 1/16

g81fVpAl.png

Just a heads up, if you own Bioshock:Infinite, L4D or participated in the Big Alpha you should have access to the closed beta which goes live on 1/16

thanks for posting that...looking forward to trying it out...so how many monsters and hunters will be in the final game?

thanks for posting that...looking forward to trying it out...so how many monsters and hunters will be in the final game?

3, if you're willing to shell out $1700 for the Super Deluxe PC Monster Ripyouoffandrapeyourfamily edition.

Sarcasm aside, I have no idea.

3 monsters and 8 hunters in the base game

if you purchase the Season Pass separately it will unlock 4 more hunters
the Monster Race ($100) package will unlock 2 additional hunters as well as a 4th monster

I wasn't too impressed when they had their Big Alpha. It just felt sluggish.

3 monsters and 8 hunters in the base game

if you purchase the Season Pass separately it will unlock 4 more hunters
the Monster Race ($100) package will unlock 2 additional hunters as well as a 4th monster

Their pricing model for this game has to be one of the most egregious forms of DLC nickel and dime I have ever seen in my years of gaming. Do they realize that most people can't justify such a upfront cost for a game. 59.99 is a lot to ask for so only a relatively handful of players will be using the new hunters creating fragmentation and gameplay issues. This game deserves to tank.

I can wait for the whole package to go down below 30 bucks, but the problems with these are the servers empty out by then.

The should of stuck with their Roots which is Zombies they could of added their own Witch Spitter
Smoker and Tank just have a Co-op game that you drive though multi levels.

Yeah Dead servers will be a problem same with the biggest franchise out there Call of Duty.

Fark, I just remembered my alpha access email account is no longer active due to spam and I had to shut it down. Damn....

Even Call of Duty AW is having issues. When was the last time a CoD game went on sale on Steam mere months after release? It's clearly not selling well at all.

As for this game, the beta download is 24GB. I honestly don't think I'm going to waste my HDD space on it. This game just doesn't even look like it's worth $60, let alone $100 for an extra monster and some characters. They're already made, why are they selling them as separate DLC for so much extra? Ridiculous. I simply won't support such blatant robbery.

You basically answered your own question. Pay up to play early on then or don't bother

Not necessary. If you think you're really going to enjoy the game and want to squeeze every ounce of playtime you can out of it, getting in day one is the only way to do it.

However, I think what you'll see here is something very similar to Titanfall. Once it starts to drop off, sales will come. $30 won't be enough to entice many people, and thus won't save the install base from tapering off. It probably won't take long before you start seeing sales under $10, again, just like Titanfall. When that happens, you'll see a surge in players who missed out on it (and subsequent surges every time it goes on sale, free weekend, whatever) and it will be easily playable again for a few weeks until everyone moves on again. Basically, if your willing to wait, and don't mind sale season dictating when you can get in solid playtime, getting it at the $10 price point could go very well for you. I'll wager it'll be there by this years Steam christmas sale.

Their pricing model for this game has to be one of the most egregious forms of DLC nickel and dime I have ever seen in my years of gaming. Do they realize that most people can't justify such a upfront cost for a game. 59.99 is a lot to ask for so only a relatively handful of players will be using the new hunters creating fragmentation and gameplay issues. This game deserves to tank.

I didn't really read into this DLC at all. Have they said anything about how it will be implemented? If it's a situation where you have to buy the DLC to play as the new monsters, but anyone who owns the game can fight against the DLC monsters, you avoid fragmentation among your players. However if they make it where you have to own the DLC to take any part in a match populated by one of the paid monsters, yeah, that's going to create horrible fragmentation right out of the box.

Back