EVGA Z97 boards announced :)

I dunno, pretty expensive board for very few onboard features to me.

Compared to other brands, the quality of their boards are well put together (not cheap or plastic-like). Thier customer service is top-notch, better than Asus and Gigabyte combined.

Any reviews of these yet? The $199 board seems okay, that's what I paid for my Hero.
A choice between ASUS and EVGA, I'd take EVGA every time. But only if the board isn't complete garbage ... Which EVGA has had problems with in the past.

Any reviews of these yet? The $199 board seems okay, that's what I paid for my Hero.
A choice between ASUS and EVGA, I'd take EVGA every time. But only if the board isn't complete garbage ... Which EVGA has had problems with in the past.

True, as long as they're not garbage. One of the moderators named Jacob in EVGA's forum actually works for EVGA said that they had problems a while ago b/c a few software developers left the company, which in turn their BIOS went to shit. I got a new board from EVGA not too long ago which I'm pretty satisfied with. Plus they went the UEFI BIOS route so their software BIOS updates are susceptible for implementing a variety motherboard fixes on the fly without any hardware change.

Back