EVGA X58 SLI Classified to launch after Chinese New Year

AuDioFreaK39

Limp Gawd
evgalogoan1.gif

pricing estimated around $450

During CES, Tim Smalley from bit-tech was kind enough to interview our friend Hans Wolfram Tismer from EVGA Europe regarding the specs, pricing and availability of the company's upcoming EVGA X58 SLI Classified 141-BL-E759-A1 motherboard.

Continue Reading

x5820classifiedcs1ai1.jpg

Also read: EVGA Classified motherboard unveiled

I have the EVGA Q1 2009 Product Lineup for you guys as well. ;)

evgaproductguideq12009sv3.jpg

i thought asus ram was whooping expensive, but here come along the most expensive board at $450.

This would be the EVGA X58 FTW. It's not really classified. wee happy new year.. pop pop wiz.

Whats with the dual 8-pin CPU connector? there isnt a PSU in the world that has one.. also is it Digital PWM? like the 790i FTW Digital was.. or is that another board?

Would be nice if some of these so-called "high-end" boards used Intel PRO/1000 LAN instead of some Marvell/Realtek crap.

Whats with the dual 8-pin CPU connector? there isnt a PSU in the world that has one.. also is it Digital PWM? like the 790i FTW Digital was.. or is that another board?
There are, but most are $200+. You can grab a PCIe 6-pin to 8-pin EPS adapter for a couple of bucks, though.

The Corsair 1000Watt PSU has two. It is Digital PWM.

EVGA X58: 8 phases digital PWM
EVGA X58 Classified: 10 phases digital PWM

My Galaxy dxx has one 8pin EPS and a 4+4 ATX power which would do the trick also.. so consider those psus as well.

sign me up. color me there. ive had a evga 680i ar, 680i a1, 780i and now the x58sli. all were great. surely this will be also. eatx?

LMAO @ the price.... i was gonna buy one, but not after seeing that price tag.

So you expected it to be cheap? Really?

One thing im wondering, isn't 3 way Sli like reg 2 way sli, and the 3rd card is just for physx? Correct me if im wrong. So the 3rd card in 3 way sli and the 9800gt are both for physx? Like i said, correct me if im wrong, but im just curious in a 3 way sli+single how the config works. Meaning what card does what.

3-way SLI typically is like 2-way, with one more worker tossed into the mix.. so with AFR, each card renders one full frame and the master card assembles them for output.. like a round-robin type sequence.. so the 9800GT would be the dedicated ppu and the three GTX285s (assuming the pic from the other thread with the cards on this board) would do all the rendering in 3-way sli. or at least, I am pretty darn sure that's how it would work...

1.5 times the price of regular already feature packed X58. I don't see the need for this.

The Corsair 1000Watt PSU has two. It is Digital PWM.

EVGA X58: 8 phases digital PWM
EVGA X58 Classified: 10 phases digital PWM

The standard X58 is not digital. :) It just performs like it is... ;)

One thing im wondering, isn't 3 way Sli like reg 2 way sli, and the 3rd card is just for physx? Correct me if im wrong. So the 3rd card in 3 way sli and the 9800gt are both for physx? Like i said, correct me if im wrong, but im just curious in a 3 way sli+single how the config works. Meaning what card does what.

3 Way Sli is not 2 cars in SLi+1PhysX, it is actually 3 card in SLi rendering the images together. Then the 4th card is for PhysX and the 5th card is a sound card. :D

So 3X285 = 3Way SLi just rendering images
1X9800GT = PhysX
And one sound card. :)

i would said not that many people do 3 way sli and physx, so this board is really for those who want absolutely best on their 30 inch + screen, and everything set on ultra quality. otherwise its just waste of money

errrr.. no.... but 450 bux for a motherboard is absolutely outrageous, it's bad enough seeing x58's for 300+. im probably gonna just go for the DFI as i like their boards and will look good in the danger den tower 26.

errrr.. no.... but 450 bux for a motherboard is absolutely outrageous, it's bad enough seeing x58's for 300+. im probably gonna just go for the DFI as i like their boards and will look good in the danger den tower 26.

Its i7. No such thing as cheap for high end.

i would said not that many people do 3 way sli and physx, so this board is really for those who want absolutely best on their 30 inch + screen, and everything set on ultra quality. otherwise its just waste of money
Not at all, who says tri-SLI is a must? What about two-way SLI + Raid Controller + X-Fi + Physx. The more pci-e slots the better IMO. The slots can actually be used for other stuff as well, and still keep the 16x/16x.

I'd say, based on functionality, the price is almost justified. Now, if it OC's better than all current x58 boards, then the price is totally justified. But, we'll have to see about that. Keep in mind, the price isn't set yet just because some EVGA rep said so. That same guy said the physx card will allow 2x better framerates. Yeah, right. The intro price might as well be $400. And for that sake, why exactly is the Rampage II Extreme still priced at $400?

Unless you need tri sli for some reason, you have no business buying this board.

Is tri-SLI the only thing you can think of to fill up 3 of those slots? Expand your vision for a moment just a little bit.

Is tri-SLI the only thing you can think of to fill up 3 of those slots? Expand your vision for a moment just a little bit.

Tri sli on this board is really the only thing that justifies the $450 price tag. And to say it justifies the $450 price tag is a huge stretch....as sli scales better than tri sli. PCI slots on other
x58 boards will do just fine for everything else.

Not at all, who says tri-SLI is a must? What about two-way SLI + Raid Controller + X-Fi + Physx. The more pci-e slots the better IMO. The slots can actually be used for other stuff as well, and still keep the 16x/16x.

I'd say, based on functionality, the price is almost justified. Now, if it OC's better than all current x58 boards, then the price is totally justified. But, we'll have to see about that. Keep in mind, the price isn't set yet just because some EVGA rep said so. That same guy said the physx card will allow 2x better framerates. Yeah, right. The intro price might as well be $400. And for that sake, why exactly is the Rampage II Extreme still priced at $400?

hmm lets see foxconn and dfi board both has x-fi sound card for free, came with package. as for 2-sli and physic x, any of those card can do that, or get the asus revolution board. like i said unless someone want all 3 pcie in 16x, then there is no point getting this board since pretty much all the cheaper can do tri-sli just not in 16x.

2-sli and physic x on evga FTW is kind wasted, probably better use that extra $150 get a new video card. wonder how much performance you gonna see with 1 extra 16x pcie vs 8xpcie, is it justify 150?

hmm lets see foxconn and dfi board both has x-fi sound card for free, came with package. as for 2-sli and physic x, any of those card can do that, or get the asus revolution board. like i said unless someone want all 3 pcie in 16x, then there is no point getting this board since pretty much all the cheaper can do tri-sli just not in 16x.

2-sli and physic x on evga FTW is kind wasted, probably better use that extra $150 get a new video card. wonder how much performance you gonna see with 1 extra 16x pcie vs 8xpcie, is it justify 150?

A couple of things.

The DFI board doesn't have XFi, it has an Bernstein audio module.

Secondly, the EVGA Classified may be worth it *if* it overclocks better than other boards. Taking into account the specifications, higher quality parts, the overclocking guru's who put in thier thoughts and industry leading customer service from EVGA, this board may very well be THE motherboard to have.

Third and finally, the Classified (from what I'm hearing) includes an XFi sound card. Although looking at the pics it shows an audio module integrated into the motherboard, so take the XFi with the Classified with a grain of salt.

Is it worth $450? To me, yes, to most others (yourself included) no.

well what higher quality part are you refering too? any of the 300 + range x58 has pretty high quality parts. 2nd i haven't seen any 300 range board that didn't oc to 4ghz, OC is more depend on cpu rather than mobo. the only thing that stand out on the asus is the TRUE tri-sli, thats about it.

as for oc, it really depend on your cpu. unless you doing LN2, then the classified seem a nice choice.
but like you said if its worth it to you, then who am i to judge ;) at least for me, that extra $150 seem better invest at other place.

well what higher quality part are you refering too? any of the 300 + range x58 has pretty high quality parts. 2nd i haven't seen any 300 range board that didn't oc to 4ghz, OC is more depend on cpu rather than mobo. the only thing that stand out on the asus is the TRUE tri-sli, thats about it.

as for oc, it really depend on your cpu. unless you doing LN2, then the classified seem a nice choice.
but like you said if its worth it to you, then who am i to judge ;) at least for me, that extra $150 seem better invest at other place.

I will not say that overclocking is only limited to the motherboard choice, in fact, it is both CPU and motherboard dependent. But the choice of motherboard is the most controllable choice on getting that high overclock, so it would stand to reason that you will pick a board known to do well.

Sounds like a feature rich board, i am so laying my hands one one when it comes out. Im glad i waited and not got there regular X58 SLI

I would of liked better placement of the PCI Slot.. seems stupid to Have it so close to the second PCI-E slot, so if you do Regular SLI the port will be blocked :\ woulda made more sense to put near the middle PCI-E slot or the bottom..

Its i7. No such thing as cheap for high end.
It's called having no competition.. they can set the prices at almost whatever they feel and people will still pay. It has very little to do with "there's no such thing as cheap for high end".

This board was designed by Kingpin....And has already been blowing away every other x58 board on the market....

$450, that's a niche product already... nice mobo heatsinks though. I thought $300 was outrageous for my X58 board. Now I feel mediocre and happy again. :D

Back