EVGA X58 Classified release date leaked

I'm not quite sure who told you that you wont see Classified boards for a month, but that's total FUD.

So you got some proof????
Why was this board released on paper, when there wasn't any stock to sell???Slow boat from China???Why not just wait to release it when there WAS stock to sell??
If it's on the back dock ready to be shipped, why does my Step-up prepare me for 3-4 weeks wait time???? (that's a month, right????)Yeah.....retail has priority,blah,blah,blah.

I'll wager there is one carton of 12 boards each, addressed to each major retailer behind some double top security fence right now.......just enough to sell out in the first 5 minutes.......of course that is based on enough knuckleheads around willing to drop $450 on this board......:eek::eek: (yeah,I put myself in the step-up queue, but this is worth a try at $150, but not for me at $450)

Then there won't be any for a month...........so maybe I got it all wrong.

EDIT: hey I saw over on EVGA that you guys sold a dozen or so boards you had laying around last night.......pissed 3 pages of people off who got left out in the cold when the stock sold out in like, what, 20 minutes...............
I just don't understand this logic, trickling out product one by one.......oh well, I guess I wasn't too far off. I'm sure another dozen or so will be available for sale next week.:eek:

I just got a UD5. I'm going to be running water. The extra 250$ is not worth it to me for this board. People always piss money in the wind. It's not mine and i'm not telling people what to do. Hell, good job your money is at least helping the economy.

since it seems like the i7 bclk is limited to a certain number on all boards, its probably best to just buy the cheapest board that has the features, vid slots etc that you require. because it aint getting any faster no matter what type of hs is on the nb or whether power reg is ana or dig or how many phases it is. so unless having 3x the amount of gold in the cpu socket really does it for you, you can get the evga x58 tr for around $250 or the dfi lp dk for around the same.

since it seems like the i7 bclk is limited to a certain number on all boards, its probably best to just buy the cheapest board that has the features, vid slots etc that you require. because it aint getting any faster no matter what type of hs is on the nb or whether power reg is ana or dig or how many phases it is. so unless having 3x the amount of gold in the cpu socket really does it for you, you can get the evga x58 tr for around $250 or the dfi lp dk for around the same.

Agreed.
If you are a real hard core OC type, I guess it's worth it.
Like I said, it's not worth 450 to me, but it just might be for 150 since I have the step up.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not railing on EVGA as a company, my X58 SLI board has been everything I expected it to be.
I just don't care for the way they are handling this classified deal, it's got a bunch of high-strung gotta-have-it-now types pissed off over at their forums......and they seem to be getting their jollies off dangling the possibility of getting a board and then pulling back. I'd hate to be in CS over there, they are surely getting screamed at on a daily basis.....but then again, they made that bed.

It's not how I would do things......but then again, I'm not selling computer parts.

nobody there or at xs has posted about getting their board yet, somehow i think these guys would post about it before openning the box. if these boards have any issues, expect a shit storm. "special edition?"

nobody there or at xs has posted about getting their board yet, somehow i think these guys would post about it before openning the box. if these boards have any issues, expect a shit storm. "special edition?"

Deluxe-certified-classified-shit storm.....to be sure.....with a limited edition certificate suitable for flushing.

Agreed.
Like I said, it's not worth 450 to me, but it just might be for 150 since I have the step up.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not railing on EVGA as a company, my X58 SLI board has been everything I expected it to be.
I just don't care for the way they are handling this classified deal, it's got a bunch of high-strung gotta-have-it-now types pissed off over at their forums......and they seem to be getting their jollies off dangling the possibility of getting a board and then pulling back. I'd hate to be in CS over there, they are surely getting screamed at on a daily basis.....but then again, they made that bed.

It's not how I would do things......but then again, I'm not selling computer parts.

I understand your frustration, and i know what you're talking about. We had to turn alot of people away who kept calling us trying to buy boards over the phone. Basically, larger quantities should be made more available soon, but i dont have an exact ETA.

I understand your frustration, and i know what you're talking about. We had to turn alot of people away who kept calling us trying to buy boards over the phone. Basically, larger quantities should be made more available soon, but i dont have an exact ETA.

I'm not the guy you should be talking to....and I appreciate your even temperment.
I have a great board, right now. Unfortunately, I am weak and cannot stand the temptation to get my hands on an expensive piece of electronics for bargain basement prices. I'm fine with waiting on the step-up.

But, there are some guys on your home turf (some of whom I have angered,no doubt, by pointing out how ridiculous they are about this board)......that are ready to burn down the house. I think there was one guy who was wondering how he could purchase a board from the UK, because there was some mistaken posting that had some boards for sale.

It is out of control.......and could have been easily handled by just waitimg until stock was appropiate.......but then I would have been out of my step-up I suppose....:rolleyes:

I have no plans to build another PC for myself in 2 or 3 years. The i7 920 CPU, Mobo, & RAM are looking to be bought up before the month is out, April if necessary. My question is: Does this board give me a the highest ceiling for i7 now & is that ceiling worth the price they´re asking? For me its between the Asus P6T6 Revolution & this board as my choice. (Yes I can see scenarios in the future where I´ll be using 24gigs of DDR3 RAM, realtime 4k editing is quite the hog.)

I have no plans to build another PC for myself in 2 or 3 years. The i7 920 CPU, Mobo, & RAM are looking to be bought up before the month is out, April if necessary. My question is: Does this board give me a the highest ceiling for i7 now & is that ceiling worth the price they´re asking? For me its between the Asus P6T6 Revolution & this board as my choice. (Yes I can see scenarios in the future where I´ll be using 24gigs of DDR3 RAM, realtime 4k editing is quite the hog.)

I have had my 920 as high as 215 BCLK on my standard evga x58 board. So i dont really see the classified doing a whole lot more. Unless you need TRI-SLI with a physx card and sound card, all while using the stock 2 slot cooling solution, the standard evga x58 board is more than enough.

Agreed.

You do realize you're not paying just 150$ for the board right? You're paying 150$ + the value of the old X58 you are sending in, which easily puts the cost at 400$ to you. Your ignorance in this simple economics matter is telling in the way you have been flaming a board that obviously is not intended to be sold to you in the first place.

You do realize you're not paying just 150$ for the board right? You're paying 150$ + the value of the old X58 you are sending in, which easily puts the cost at 400$ to you. Your ignorance in this simple economics matter is telling in the way you have been flaming a board that obviously is not intended to be sold to you in the first place.

Certainly, I can manage simple algebra.
The $299 I paid for the X58 is obvious in it's exclusion.

My point is..........would I pay $450 outright for this board.....no. Could I get $299 trying to sell my X58 board on a forum or ebay????......no.
So the board I have in my hand right now HAS some intrinsic worth......and all I have to do is add the $150, turn over my "used" board, and get a brand new one:D That doesn't sound ignorant to me.;)

I have been very interested in how this whole thing has played out, mainly beause there are a bunch of guys over on the EVGA forums who are truely out of thier minds about this.
EVGA seems to be dangling this in front of the very people who are their most rabid and loyal fans.....almost teasing them..........and it doesn't seem to be very well done, that's all.
They are being completely closed-liped about any further retail availability, or step-up launch......and I think their loyal fans are restless about it.

Hey everyone, just in case anyone was waiting on this board, it jsut came in stock a while ago and they seem to have quite a bit of stock left, so if anyone wants, this is a good chance to pick one up.

As for me, i would've picked one up, but now im thinking about doing the change to apple and developing for the iphone, so im thinking about spending my money towards a macbook pro :(

Thanks for the news.
My step-up moved 30 spots! (now #38 in line)

There's one guy over there I hope isn't asleep at the switch.......he started the mega thread about the board.....EVGA should give him one.

Dude:

Call that AudioFreak guy or something.......he's going to stroke if he misses out:eek::eek::eek:

He's taken care of. And i know... his facebook status says " YES!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!! now I can sleep in peace :D" :rolleyes:

Locked one in.*sigh* Time for some sleep.*grinning ear to ear* This Friday is starting off pretty good.

At that ridiculous price, are you really even surprised?

Look, if you want a budge board, go buy one. There are lots of them out there. This board is not designed for you. It is designed for people who want extreme overclocking. It is also priced towards those people. Feel free to not buy it. But stop whinning because other people choose to spend thier money differently than you.

At that ridiculous price, are you really even surprised?

Seriously. :)

Look, if you want a budge board, go buy one. There are lots of them out there. This board is not designed for you. It is designed for people who want extreme overclocking. It is also priced towards those people. Feel free to not buy it. But stop whinning because other people choose to spend thier money differently than you.

Don't be shocked if there aren't that many people that are willing to shell out that kind of money for a mobo.
I am shocked he is shocked that the mobo is still in stock. :D

$450 is my whole budget for an i7 + mobo + ram combo.

True. It's expensive.

I'm thinking that the majority of people that really "want" one are like me; they bought the EVGA X58 SLI "cheap-vanilla" model and have the opportunity to Step-up......and are waiting to do so.

The curious thing is, there is stock available for purchase even now, but only 30 were given over to the Step-up side of things.

I have a ways to go, I think.......there are 37 people in front of me.

We need a review of this board......hint,hint.....;)

He's taken care of. And i know... his facebook status says " YES!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!! now I can sleep in peace :D" :rolleyes:

Cool.
He PM'd me last night......said he got a phone call and everything before the board was posted for sale......very nice move.

The guy has really been a strong supporter of this product. I hope he likes it.:D

im suprised nobody here has got one next day shipped to them and busted it open for pics to enlarge their peen.... they usually do with everything else high-end.

i would get one if it handily spanks my DFI, but i don't see that happening really..... not gonna spend 450 bux for a few more mhz lol even though i know some people will.

they will drop the price, they're bound to make a new revision to iron out all the fuckups with this one, i'll just wait till then.

Now available at newegg for the low,low price of $469.......:eek::eek:

It's actually cheaper from the EVGA site......if $449 is cheap, that is.

The regular X58 board has the "Extreme Cooling" option too. I'm not sure on the details and if it's exactly the same as the Classified's, but I know it's in there...

I also noticed this weekend while I was messing with my fans that the regular X58 board has the "EZ Voltage Read Points" along the top too. The Classified keeps looking less appealing to me - not because it looks worse, but my regular X58 just seems to be getting closer to the Classified's level. It's really turning into a slight layout and color scheme upgrade for me, which isn't easy to justify.

Back