EVGA will no longer do business with NVIDIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, it is funny watching EVGA only buyers freak out over actually having to consider another brand.

Brand loyalty is a helluva drug.
And this is why AMD needs to give them a deal they cannot refuse. Lots of marketshare to gain for them, both.

Intel is vaporware at this point right now.

Wow EVGA revenue for gpu is 78%. The CEO claims they are not laying off ATM. I don't know how they plan to stay in business shutting down majority of their business.
Keep in mind revenue isn't the same as profits. Profits were extremely low for GPUs, despite bringing in the most revenue.
Also Steve from GN failed to mention EVGA also makes motherboards. I'm sure their employees working on graphics cards could transition to motherboards as well as power supplies.

Also Steve from GN failed to mention EVGA also makes motherboards. I'm sure their employees working on graphics cards could transition to motherboards as well as power supplies.
He did. He said their motherboard business is all but dead.

Keep in mind revenue isn't the same as profits. Profits were extremely low for GPUs, despite bringing in the most revenue.
I'd like to see them expand more into the mid range boards. Everything they put out seems a bit too high end for real market penetration. Maybe I'm asking too much.

how are they going to continue to honor warranties if they are going to run out of 30 series cards by the end of the year?...what happens if my 3080 breaks in 2023 and I need an RMA/replacement?
its in the list.. holding back cards for warranty..

My EVGA GTX-680 is still running right now!!!
I still have my GTX 285 and it is still in warranty. I bought the 2 day Advanced RMA option when I stepped up the card back in the day.
EVGA-GTX-285-Warranty.jpg

Lots of warranty claims incoming to gobble up that supply
people repair stuff all the time... apple has made people a lot of money..
so much money they are actually manipulating their suppliers forcing them to hold back even parts they dont own or have patents for..
so you can pay for iService, where they use no lube and trash your pc/phone for you..

another good article and perspective...

Slowly, over time, the relationship between EVGA and Nvidia changed from what EVGA considered a true partnership to customer–seller arrangement whereby EVGA was no longer consulted on new product announcements and briefings, not featured at events, and not informed of price changes...on September 7, Nvidia offered via Best Buy an RTX 3090 Ti for $1,099.99, undercutting EVGA and other partners that were offering their products at $1,399.99...there was no warning of the price cut, and it left the partners with little choice but to sell their inventory at below cost to meet the Nvidia price...MSI dropped their price to $1,079.99 on New Egg, and EVGA dropped theirs to $1,149...

https://www.jonpeddie.com/news/evga-wont-offer-nvidia-next-gen-series

There's an old saying we have on the eBay council.
"If you're loosing money on a product, raise the price."

nVidia will not allow them to raise their prices, even on high end custom boards. They have a set price floor, and a set price ceiling on all high end cards.

another good article and perspective...

Slowly, over time, the relationship between EVGA and Nvidia changed from what EVGA considered a true partnership to customer–seller arrangement whereby EVGA was no longer consulted on new product announcements and briefings, not featured at events, and not informed of price changes...on September 7, Nvidia offered via Best Buy an RTX 3090 Ti for $1,099.99, undercutting EVGA and other partners that were offering their products at $1,399.99...there was no warning of the price cut, and it left the partners with little choice but to sell their inventory at below cost to meet the Nvidia price...MSI dropped their price to $1,079.99 on New Egg, and EVGA dropped theirs to $1,149...

https://www.jonpeddie.com/news/evga-wont-offer-nvidia-next-gen-series
Nvidia being Nvidia. Cost of doing business with the devil.

as an alternative, asus is junk:

They are if you ask me. I have never been a fan of their GPU's. Now I was a huge motherboard fan for years, but lately it just seems they aren't as quality as they were in the past.

You know what I am really going to miss. The Step-Up program. I have used it to many times over the years...Shit my first card was a 7800gt from EVGA.

Crazy times

Well, This explains why we haven't seen any EVGA 4090 Leaks. Just sold My EVGA FE 1080 a month ago(Ran for 5 years). Wow. Guess I'll go with MSI for 4000?

how bad did the EVGA and New World situation end up being anyhow?

Wow, damn.

EVGA is always my first choice for Nvidia GPUs and PSUs because of their customer service. I happily pay a premium for their products.

When I was young and poor they did me a solid when one of their AIOs leaked and killed one of their GPUs in a system I built. They did not have to take care of me but they did.

Bummer. I really hope they can work out a deal with AMD. I generally prefer Nvidia cards but if EVGA goes AMD then I will generally prefer AMD.

Wow, guess if my 3090 RTX ever goes belly up, no chances of a free 4080/5070 upgrade...hope they honor existing warranties though not sure how they are going to honor the long term extended warranties of 10 years in this situation.

So is this a Nvidia beening the Gorilla in the room or EVGA CEO taking it personal?

My RTX 3070 came from Zotac, them seem to have an online store and real store in CA, as where it came from and quick to answer the phone to a real person, I needed to make sure my order came thru ok, they answered my question with in 15mins of me dialing on an $879 order, if it needs any work done, it RMA's back to the Zotac Store.

If you're looking more USA for an Nvidia AIB, card has been flawless!

I hesitate to recommend Gigabyte because they're the most failure-prone in my limited experience but I've never had a problem with their support. Once they finally started taking requests to replace the Z690I Ultra, they processed my claim fast. I also just opened a support ticket for an RX 6800 that's been crashing repeatedly, and they approved it in less than the estimated time (1 day or so vs 2 days.)
Yeah, I'm hesitant about them too. Though they did RMA the gtx 970 mini. in about a weeks time(10-11 day's?)

With how hard they've going with their recent FE cards, I wouldn't be surprised if NVIDIA dumps all AIB dealers in the foreseeable future. Also, I had nothing but issues with EVGA... all of my FE cards worked perfectly to this day.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
With how hard they've going with their recent FE cards, I wouldn't be surprised if NVIDIA dumps all AIB dealers in the foreseeable future. Also, I had nothing but issues with EVGA... all of my FE cards worked perfectly to this day.

I heard (at least with first gen FE I think) RMA/warranty was a bit of a PIA

Hopefully this will help the supply chain make Intel cards more available.
LoL. No. Intel is the only company standing in the way of itself. Should be big news officially next week.

As for EVGA. Too bad. Doing business with Jensen is like asking to get fucked. I assume Andrew paid off the money loaned to him by Nvidia to put EVGA in business and had grown tired of Jensen's antics after all these years.

That said Asus, Gigabyte, and MSI allocations are doing way up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back