eVGA trade-up program?

Has anyone done this Trade-Up program deal before? From what I understand, if I were to buy the 6800GT right now, and say in 3 months, I wanted the 6800U, I could simply send back my 6800GT for a full $400 credit towards a 6800U (which should probally be around $450 in 3 months) ?

If so, this might actually be a deciding factor for me to order through them (and the fact that they are in stock) vs. the BFG 6800GT OC that I wanted.

You got it. That's why I bought the 6800 GT.

But you have to register the card within 90 days of the purchase in order to be eligible.

My understanding of the deal is the same as yours. It convinced me to go with eVGA - ordered my eVGA 6800nu this morning to replace my rig's ATi 9500pro. I figured sometime in September I'll trade up to the 6800GT.

I was worried that if I bought a 6800nu now, I might have buyer's remorse (it's more in my price range at the moment; otherwise I would just get the 6800GT.) With this program, I can plug away with a new card happily until I'm sure I have an extra $100 or so to upgrade.

Anyone know if I can do this program if I buy from another retailer other then direct form eVGA?

I just bought the eVGA 6800GT from newegg because of cheaper shipping ... I wanted a Ultra but figured this would be the best way to keep me satisfied for a bit.

@GoodOmens: I also bought my card from newegg.com (hopefully will be here tomorrow - I live close to their CA location).

I spent some time on eVGA's site first, reading about the program, and I'm almost certain that it doesn't matter where you buy the card initially, so long as you keep the receipt, register for the program on their website, and upgrade within 90 days of purchase.

Seems like a sweet deal, overall.

DigitalEmperor said:
DAMN IT .. newegg is sold out.

I get paid tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh shame :(

I was able to get one and according to FedEx it should be at my door tomorrow :D

GoodOmens said:
Anyone know if I can do this program if I buy from another retailer other then direct form eVGA?

I just bought the eVGA 6800GT from newegg because of cheaper shipping ... I wanted a Ultra but figured this would be the best way to keep me satisfied for a bit.

Yes if Newegg is an approved vendor on the EVGA list

Got my 6800nu today! Having some problems, though - I keep getting a black screen when I get to the Windows user selection screen (you know, the one after the WIndows logo pops up and the green bar strobes). Seems like my DVI LCD is fighting with the drivers and/or refresh rate settings. If anybody happens to have any ideas on how to fix this, I wouldn't mind some help.

Well, that'll be my last-ditch solution, but I think I'll try fiddling around with my system a bit more, first. :p

Honestly, though, I'm probably due for an XP reinstallation....

boot to safe mode first then reboot , she will defualt lowest possible res and refresh then you can set it from there

dirty_dan said:
would this trade up program work with a 5900xt? i cant seem to find any info on it.

the tradeup is only if you got the card from eVga, and purchased it since Feb 1, 2004. If you got it Jan 31, they tell you no.

you have to keep all packaging, original receipt, etc. They don't cross ship.

Back