EVGA Torq 10

Was intrigued and then... Laser sensor.

Out.

It looks awesome though.

What's wrong with laser vs optical?

I have never once had one that didn't have some form of variable acceleration issues depending on what surface I used it on. From the G5 on up through the G9, G500, a couple of Razer mice I don't even know the names of anymore, etc. Every single one. You turn off all the little boxes in the drivers and they still have acceleration in some form and it's really annoying.

I used to just learn to deal with it. Then when a mouse would break or I would find one that's more comfortable I would inevitably have to get accustomed to an entirely different set of acceleration issues.

Now I just research every mouse beforehand. If angle snapping/prediction and acceleration aren't non-existent to start with or can't be turned completely off, I just won't buy the damn thing. The only laser mice that have avoided these issues have all had other major issues of some kind, like the Abyssus with it's jitter problems.

Last edited:
I have never once had one that didn't have some form of variable acceleration issues depending on what surface I used it on. From the G5 on up through the G9, G500, a couple of Razer mice I don't even know the names of anymore, etc. Every single one. You turn off all the little boxes in the drivers and they still have acceleration in some form and it's really annoying.

I used to just learn to deal with it. Then when a mouse would break or I would find one that's more comfortable I would inevitably have to get accustomed to an entirely different set of acceleration issues.

Now I just research every mouse beforehand. If angle snapping/prediction and acceleration aren't non-existent to start with or can't be turned completely off, I just won't buy the damn thing. The only laser mice that have avoided these issues have all had other major issues of some kind, like the Abyssus with it's jitter problems.

Explains why I'm having issues with BF4. I thought nothing of it when my bought my M65... Ordered a deathhadder 2013 this evening and hopefully my accuracy shoots up. Thanks

Looks like the same body size and button placement as the G9/x. I'm interested.

Explains why I'm having issues with BF4. I thought nothing of it when my bought my M65... Ordered a deathhadder 2013 this evening and hopefully my accuracy shoots up. Thanks

I don't know that I would immediately attribute issues in one game to something that specific. There are a lot of people who otherwise love other mice with laser sensors for whom the M65 is a mess. That mouse, specifically, just has a lot of issues. For other mice, a lot of them, if you're a person who can get used to a sensor's behavior they're very perfectly usable, even good. It's a pretty personal thing really. The M65 is a bad example even for a laser mouse.

For example, most of the most successful professional Starcraft 2 players use laser mice, or they use optical mice that happen to have some built in flaws just like most laser mice do. They simply get accustomed to the way the mouse works and it no longer affects them at all.

I'm, personally, just not quite that adaptable I guess.

I've been using nothing but deathadders for years and zero problems. Nice tech. I will admit to being a EVGA fanboy though so I do have some interest in the torq

I don't know that I would immediately attribute issues in one game to something that specific. There are a lot of people who otherwise love other mice with laser sensors for whom the M65 is a mess. That mouse, specifically, just has a lot of issues. For other mice, a lot of them, if you're a person who can get used to a sensor's behavior they're very perfectly usable, even good. It's a pretty personal thing really. The M65 is a bad example even for a laser mouse.

For example, most of the most successful professional Starcraft 2 players use laser mice, or they use optical mice that happen to have some built in flaws just like most laser mice do. They simply get accustomed to the way the mouse works and it no longer affects them at all.

I'm, personally, just not quite that adaptable I guess.

So the deathhadder 2013 arrived today... Took her out for a spin, changed dpi to 3400 and went recon on BF4. Was a much better experience for me because recon was always difficult on this m65. Did the second game with the still attached M65 and had a crappy match... Went third match with M65 and crap again with recon.

So far I'm liking the optical but I'll continue to test to just see if it's a placebo effect or not. Thanks for the recommendation.

I've been using nothing but deathadders for years and zero problems. Nice tech. I will admit to being a EVGA fanboy though so I do have some interest in the torq

So far I'm liking it better. At least I can use the M65 for desktop duty because it's really nice for that.

I don't know... This mouse looks like a copy of some other mouse that I don't remember... I do like eVGA but I just don't know on this one... Maybe they should do a mechanical KB to match?

The M65 is a bad example even for a laser mouse.

Heard a lot of people complain about teh M65 sensor. Either with random acceleration, or the sensor jsut spazzing out.

Fortunately I haven't noticed either. With all acceleration settings turned off, if there is any inherent acceleration I can't tell.

Heard a lot of people complain about teh M65 sensor. Either with random acceleration, or the sensor jsut spazzing out.

Fortunately I haven't noticed either. With all acceleration settings turned off, if there is any inherent acceleration I can't tell.

This has happened to me a number of times in BF4. When I began to question it, that's when I moved to the deathhadder '13. The M65 works fine for desktop duties however. I feel I've been getting burned by corsair lately.

Back