EVGA to make a Dark line Motherboard for AMD

edit: as mentioned, its 600+ but all dark boards are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tobit
like this
I wish they'd make a Classified SR-E for EPYC edition. Imagine Dual 64 core EPYC cpus with 2TB RAM on each. And all those lanes! 🙃

from what i read also all the new asus boards with have the addative overclocking like the dark hero does right now so know knows gota be a reason they dumping lots more money into them.
its all but officially presented, that they will do some AM4 chips with additional 3D stacked cache and some bug fixes. Even if they don't....Zen 4 won't be out for a few months and current AM4 motherboards are old/behind on features. They need to refresh motherboards to keep interest in Ryzen, as Alderlake launches and is the fresh new product for a few months.

the GIGABYTE MZ720-HB0 (Rev 3.0) is not the sr-e, but close

That's actually a very impressive board and the price is good considering populating it with two CPUs and maxing the RAM is going to require a few filter organs! ;-)

The only thing I DON'T miss from these server systems turned enthusiast was the long POST times. Powering on my SR-2 from cold start was like preparing to launch the space shuttle!

EVGA should put their resources into making GPUs i instead.

Back