EVGA Titan X Superclocked in stock Amazon $1029.99

So how much faster is this compared to the stock Titan X? 5% I assume.
Real-world Boost out of the box is 1328 MHz. Considering the [H] review where they overclocked a reference card to Boost at 1410 MHz and observed gains were between 15-20%, I'd say the SC version is around 10% faster than reference out of the box.

+1

Learned my lesson on how quickly I got hammered on the Titan Black. Never again on the Titan line.

Resale value on the Titan Black is still pretty good though? I see listings on eBay going for $700 or so... not sure how you got burned when you could sell it and get the faster 980 or step up to Titan X - an extra $300

If you bought it just before the 980 released, yeah that's tough, but all indications were pointing to Maxwell coming out soon. I wouldn't have bought the Black for that reason, original Titan was a far better buy considering the state of the market when it came out.

The whole Titan line is an absolute rip. I got burned on buying 2 original Titans only to have the 780Ti come out and smoke it. There is absolutely no need for that much VRAM at 1440p with G-Sync, and paying that much premium for a stock design on stock cooler is just silly.

The whole Titan line is an absolute rip. I got burned on buying 2 original Titans only to have the 780Ti come out and smoke it. There is absolutely no need for that much VRAM at 1440p with G-Sync, and paying that much premium for a stock design on stock cooler is just silly.

I have no regret getting the Titan at all, and I have got it since it first came out.

I know what I paid for, and waiting game is just not for me. :cool:

Resale value on the Titan Black is still pretty good though? I see listings on eBay going for $700 or so... not sure how you got burned when you could sell it and get the faster 980 or step up to Titan X - an extra $300

If you bought it just before the 980 released, yeah that's tough, but all indications were pointing to Maxwell coming out soon. I wouldn't have bought the Black for that reason, original Titan was a far better buy considering the state of the market when it came out.

After fees of selling it was basically taking a 40% haircut. I didn't realize I was getting into that, so totally my fault.

For those that value the Titan line at the price points they place them at, more power to them.

To me, they are overpriced - And I actually think an honest Titan owner knows and agrees with that (and is OK with it) - Again - All good.

For me, I'm done with Titans.

Back