EVGA Supernova P5 1000? Any thoughts before I pull the trigger?

Whach

[H]ard|Gawd
Just thought I'd ask about it before I get it. Any thoughts? Cant really find many reviews of the unit and never had a EVGA unit before. I'm only considering for the price, otherwise id be going for a Corsair HX1000 unit from Amazon.

EVGA Supernova P5 1000 Platinum @newegg for $189 ($169 after rebate card)

Cheers for any input.

I am not sure on the EVGA unit, but I'd caution against going with the higher end Corsair units right now. I've killed a couple of them over the last year or so. Corsair is a mixed bag on PSU's as they use a variety of OEM's to produce them.

I am not sure on the EVGA unit, but I'd caution against going with the higher end Corsair units right now. I've killed a couple of them over the last year or so. Corsair is a mixed bag on PSU's as they use a variety of OEM's to produce them.
Thanks! Do you happen to know who the oem of Evga is at the moment? Or should I just go and get a seasonic unit? Don’t really want a potential PSU issue down the road. Cheers!

Thanks! Do you happen to know who the oem of Evga is at the moment? Or should I just go and get a seasonic unit? Don’t really want a potential PSU issue down the road. Cheers!
EVGA uses a lot of different OEMs at once. Some models are Seasonic, others might be HEC group or whatever.

This one is HEC group as an example.

hey hititnquitit sorry to bother you regarding this, were you able to make an order from silverpcs do you happen to have their paypal email?
it has been like more than a month and they never replied any of my emails. and i sent them emails from many gmail accounts, today i sent them one from an outlook account and they never replied.
I wonder what the hell is going on with them, or perhaps they just have a new company now. Sadly i can´t call by phone line them since im really far away in another country.

Just thought I'd post an update. Returned the unit and bought a P2 unit directly from EVGA that is on flash sale for $169. Works out to be cheaper and supposedly a better unit. Fortunate I suppose. Anyone know makes the 2021 built units? FSP probably?

Just thought I'd post an update. Returned the unit and bought a P2 unit directly from EVGA that is on flash sale for $169. Works out to be cheaper and supposedly a better unit. Fortunate I suppose. Anyone know makes the 2021 built units? FSP probably?
I believe those are Seasonic but you should check the EVGA forums to be certain. I cant remember for sure :(

hey hititnquitit sorry to bother you regarding this, were you able to make an order from silverpcs do you happen to have their paypal email?
it has been like more than a month and they never replied any of my emails. and i sent them emails from many gmail accounts, today i sent them one from an outlook account and they never replied.
I wonder what the hell is going on with them, or perhaps they just have a new company now. Sadly i can´t call by phone line them since im really far away in another country.
Sorry man i haven't placed an order with them. I've been so busy I forgot all about it.
I wouldn't count on them doing an international order tbh. It seemed really small time from the little i was able to glean from them.

Back